Friday, March 6, 2009

Shack-A-Licious

Dear All of You,
So I'm reading this book called "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young (I wish I could abbreviate my first name, I've always thought that looked so wacko cool. We'll abbreviate me to Mre. for the purposes of this post so that I won't be consumed with abbreviation jealousy). Anyhow, I am about half way through this here book and it is most interesting. I'm not saying it's for everyone, cause it's probably not. But, I will go so far as to say I'm thoroughly thinking and enjoying thinking! (Now how often can I say that?)
It's a novel about this man who spends the weekend with God. I know, huh. It's not L.D.S., but it is religious in nature (hence; the weekend with God). World religions have been my most favorite subject in college history study. If there was a degree like that available to me, I would earn it, because it's just so darn fascinating! That's kind of the biggest draw of this book to me, reading Wm.'s philosophy in the form of fiction. I just really like learning about all our different forms of worship. Personally, my personal feeling is, and personally: I think God cares a lot more that you honestly develop in your heart a close and loving relationship with Him then He cares about your religious affiliation. I can't back that up in writing, but then I'm not teaching Gospel Doctrine. This is just a blog.
And so far, this man's weekend is making for a good read. I'll let you know how I feel at the last page!
Very truly ruly,
Mre.

3 comments:

Ducksoup said...

that book does sound pretty good mre. byu should give you an honorary degree for world religious studies just because you are so darn cool and of course well educated on the topic!!

Kamille said...

This is the next book we are reading in my book club. How random that you are reading it now, too! We shall have to discuss when I'm done with it also. P.S. Awesome title to your post. It had all sorts of thoughts of you and Ben "shack"in it up, or of a really big basketball player, or of the dreams you have of being a hobo. Anyway...

TeamDall said...

I can't beleive you have the audacity to read something that's not LDS. How weird:)