Friday, August 14, 2009

How Annie (And Marie) Got Their Guns!

Today I conquered a fear, and a big one.
I went and saw a doctor! It needed to be done, but I have put it off as long as humanly possible, because I am the World's Biggest (brace yourselves, this will shock you) Sissy-Poo-Nanny. That is it's medical term, but I just call it "Sissifriss" for short. That's me. MaRetard the Sissifriss. And you can laugh if you want, but I'd rather you didn't. 'Cause it's a real fear of mine, a big one. I'm afraid of doctors, okay?
BUT I DIDN'T LET IT STAND IN MY WAY.
I took control of these bursts of unreasonable fear (with the help of my wise Mother. That woman is good. She knows just what to say and just when to say it) and went in to see the Doc. Believe me, it's been a topic of prayer. 'Cause I just can't do it on my own. And you know what? It was a good experience. I have finally found someone to be my medical professional who I really, really like, and the lady who drew blood was so good it didn't bother me at all. And I even have a teeny tiny bruise. How lucky am I!!?
I will now let my fears GO, floating away into the gentle breeze, and I will just live. My goal is this: from this point forward, I will plan on everything being fine. And that, for me, is the pivotal point. That will be the turning point in my life. Seriously. Another one! Woohoo.
Now all I have to do is jump out of an airplane and we are good to go.

Marie+Nice-Crazy=Can We Still Be Friends?
[Food for thought: Imagine being married to this. Three Cheers for the Double B!]

And the bestest part of the whole day, even better and a whole lot funner then conquering my fears(!), was when I went to see my good (and amazing) friend Tamari perform the title role in "Annie Get Your Gun" for St. George Musical Theater! She was incredible. I have heard many people tell me it is her best role yet, and they are right. She was absolutely magical. She was the show. I didn't watch anything but her when she was on stage, she was so spot on. My favorite part was how in the moment she was at all times. I actively listened through her active listening. Her voice was so varied and beautiful, and her character was so. darn. fun! So complete and multi-dimensional. I loved it. So thank you, Tamari, for a wonderful evening through your excellent efforts! I'm proud to call myself your friend!
I just love the live theater. Going into the land of make-believe with them, leaving any worries behind. How powerful is that?

4 comments:

Ducksoup said...

marie you are too funny. way to go! i'm proud of you for going to the doctor and especially excited you even liked her. i swear those kind are few and far between. your formulas are too funny. and i agree, your mother is wise. love yah!

Tamari said...

Marie! Congrats on making it to the doctors!! It IS important to take care of yourself so you can care for all those beautiful and awesome creatures that make up your family. :-)

Can I just tell you how happy I was to see you last night after the show?! Thanks so much for coming and for saying something about ME in you blog! Quite and honor! This show has been an amazing experience on so many levels and I am proud of it. We need to chat soon, so much to tell you! Love you!!!!

Tink said...

Go Sista'! Way to conquer those fears. Sorry I stood you up for the play...hopefully next time!

Tink said...

P.S. NieNie's picture breaks my poor little heart.