Monday, November 15, 2010

Cocoa and Other Obscenities

Today the Double B went into work at two. In the morning.
I can't imagine doing that, but I sure appreciate it! What a fabulous Double B he is.
He spoke in church yesterday, and in my trying-to-be-unbiased opinion, he totally knocked it out of the ballpark! I feel lucky that he is my friend.

Saturday we just had a marvelous time. We bummed around the local metropolis and went to watch my fabulous cousin Tina's little girl (not so little anymore, possibly) play in a softball tournament.
Kate seemed to particularly enjoy it, thanks to Uncle Nick:
Lately she's become very adept at falling asleep in the upright position. And I know exactly why she does it. She's tired. She doesn't want to fall asleep. So she gets mad if you lay her in your arms. So you sit her up. And she is knocked unconscious. The End.
My two little ragamuffins:
They were so good to just play around the bleachers after the initial crushing news that they couldn't go to the playground. But Mom couldn't see the playground from our ball field, and that ended that magical dream. They are good kids and play so great together.
Here we have K.J. playing photographer. This nacho-head is Nick. I may have mentioned him before. I may have mentioned the deep injustice that as last child, he stole all the best looking genes for himself. I am the only girl. Shouldn't I have gotten them!? Selfish!!!
But he does hold my child and is a rather smashing individual, so I guess I have to love him anyway.
Sheesh!
Kaje also took this picture of the beautiful Sil (or Silveeeeee!!!! as we like to say), my wonderful Aunt Mary Lou and my rather marvelous Mom. They are all so cute.
I can't help but wonder -- who is that lady with the sucker (or lollipop, if you prefer) on the top row. She is looking very intensely at the game. She almost looks kind of posed.
Dear Lady,
Who are you and did you pose for fashion magazines in a former life?
Love, Marie.
Bob also took this one. I know. I know. It is so cute you almost want to bight your fist. If no one is around, go ahead and do it. Just bight that fist and feel it, man.
I may be forced to enter this one in Peach Days or something. For real.
Last night at Grandma's the cousins were playing so wonderfully. Then, at the end of the night, K.J. started sobbing hysterically (pretty much wailing) from the other room. I thought maybe his leg had been blown off in an explosion or something. Nope! His feelings were hurt because his little cousin Leighna (also Priscilla -- she said I can call her that) called him "Cocoa." And that is the worst thing that had ever, ever happened to him. After trying really hard not to laugh in his little tiny destroyed face, I convinced him Priscilla was just playing and he was just too tired and needed to lay down for awhile. I then told my big brother Jon he needs to clean up the sailor talk in that family. And I have been laughing about it ever since.
So don't call any of us Cocoa. That is a friendship ending offense in this household.
Love,
Cocoa.

4 comments:

Ducksoup said...

thank goodness for a marie post. i was so hoping for one. scrolled down my dashboard until wah-lah there it was. thank you for brightening my day. and your kids are real cute, you know that. please send me your baby. she is sooooo cute, i need to eat her up (as granny would say). well, i think i'm going to be induced in a week if this baby doesn't come. but i'm still hoping for the 17th, cause i think that would be a good birthday. so go ahead and send maci some vibes for wednesday :). love yah rie. and i wish i could have seen you this weekend. thought i shouldn't come in case baby girl came. what was i thinking anyhow?

YOU ROCK!

THE HILLS said...

haha I love that babies just fall asleep however :) Also, you may be biased, but you are RIGHT! Ben did an amazing job speaking in Sacrament yesterday.

Tina Williams said...

Thanks so much for attending the ball park. Your are so much appreciated for taking time to visit and watch and we pulled out a great win and so it was a positive experience.

To answer your question . . . Lisa Richards is her name. She lives in the great town of Mona and is an awesome person. Her daughter plays 3rd or pitches . . . the sucker looks ohh so tempting. Sorry I didn't join you on the bleachers. I feel more comfortable feeding my little growth in a chair -- seems to hide me a little better.

By the way, M.D. is at the hospital having the baby now. So prayers for tomorrow will be a little late. I like the 16 date. Knowing her she will be up and moving and ready for Black Friday shopping!

Tina Williams said...

Thanks so much for attending the ball park. Your are so much appreciated for taking time to visit and watch and we pulled out a great win and so it was a positive experience.

To answer your question . . . Lisa Richards is her name. She lives in the great town of Mona and is an awesome person. Her daughter plays 3rd or pitches . . . the sucker looks ohh so tempting. Sorry I didn't join you on the bleachers. I feel more comfortable feeding my little growth in a chair -- seems to hide me a little better.

By the way, M.D. is at the hospital having the baby now. So prayers for tomorrow will be a little late. I like the 16 date. Knowing her she will be up and moving and ready for Black Friday shopping!