Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SSSLLLLUUUUURRRRRP!

This is the noise in my life right now...
"ssssslllluuuuuurrrrrrppppp! SLURRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPP!"
That noise is Katelyn sucking her slobber back into her mouth as she savors her favorite of all favorite treats -- tootsie rolls. She has one in her mouth and one in each hand. And here is the miracle... I did not provide the tootsie rolls for Kate the Great. She found them.
I think she was sneaking around in Daddy's drawer looking for aging Christmas treats as he snoozed. It is Daddy's day off, and he REALLY needed a nap. So I sent him in there with that gentle suggestion "Honey, I think you should take a nap. I think you'll feel better when you're more rested." Instead of "Honey, please go hit yourself in the head with a large boulder and come back when you can be nice and realize once again how hilarious my stupid jokes are." So he went off to sleep. And apparently Katelyn went off in quiet and clever search of a treat.
And she came out victorious.
And all is right with the world.
Oh, happy day.
Slllllluuuurrrrrpppp!!!

2 comments:

Elise said...

The nap-needing husband scenario happens every week in our house, only I'm usually the one who needs a nap and my husband's jokes JUST AREN'T FUNNY. ;)

Ducksoup said...

too funny.