Thursday, March 29, 2012

Without Title.

This morning I came out of my bedroom to my very early risers to discover that they had taken a normal living room and made it into a war zone -- ransacking not only every room in the vicinity, but gathering obscure items like the toothpaste and soap supply and putting together a "surprise Easter basket" for me.
It was one of those moments that you sit in limbo.
A) I'm glad, in a way, that you thought of me?...
B) I'm not glad in any way, shape, or form that you would act out on your propensity for destruction in such a wild form of self-expression.
I stood there for quite some time, and then started rubbing my head and mumbling -- I'm not sure what. This is not the way to start today or any day. I thought when I woke up I might be getting a headache, but now I know it.
I love knowledge. As I've heard so many times in my life that now I've just got to believe it's true, knowledge is power. So now I have power over...
Well, I'll get back to you on that.
I have power over something.
The good news is, on the way to school, Kaylie and Addie were whispering that a boy wants Kaylie to be his girlfriend... which, as Addie puts it, means you are engaged. The rest of the conversation went as follows.

Kaylie - I know... that's disgusting!

Addie - No, it's not! I have a boyfriend.

Kaylie - We know, Koston.

Addie - Koston is such a cute boy!

K.J. - Why don't you just say okay and then end it in a few days, Kay?

Kaylie - No! It's disgusting.

Mom - It is disgusting.

Kaylie - I don't ever want a boyfriend.

K.J. - Yes, you do! Otherwise, how will you ever have kids?

Mom - I think it's probably better just to wait to have a boyfriend or girlfriend until you're a grown-up and can get married.

Kaylie - Yeah, then you can have kids. But I think I'm just going to live with my Mom and Dad forever. (pause). Except, my Dad says if I live with him forever, I'm going to have to take care of him.

K.J. - When I grow up, I'm going to have lots of kids. And I'm going to get so mad at them if they don't clean their rooms!

Addie - Yeah, me too!

Kaylie - Yeah... I hate when my room gets messy, so I'll probably hate it when my kids make their rooms messy, too. Even though my sister messes up my room all the time.

K.J. - Yeah, I might, like, yell at them or something because I'll be so mad.

Kaylie and Addie - Yeah!

And... scene.

It was an enlightening conversation, to say the least.
And now I know I should start getting really mad when the kids don't clean their room. I have been given both licence and permission.
I think I might also need to remind K.J. that first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.
But whatever.

I think I will be considering both taking up yoga and getting a little tylenol before taking on the rest of my day. Then, I'll conquer the world.

Hugs Not Drugs,

The Thing.

1 comment:

Mariah Jenny said...

hope you have fun with your yoga and Tylenol. I hope it works for you.
And I know you will conquer the world with your(this) thumb. lol :) I love you tonz... I also love this post too by the way.
your mariah jenny <3