Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Bring All Things To Your Remembrance"

Have you ever had the experience where something is seemingly put into bold letters so you will see it? That has happened to me twice -- okay, three times -- in the last 12 hours.
I always find it to be a most tender mercy.
Last year at Girl's Camp we got to hear a very wonderful speaker on Friday night. I was so touched and inspired by the things that were said, and felt a reminding determination to keep the flame of the gospel burning bright in my life.
During that talk this quote was shared and it totally floored me. I asked for a copy and have kept it in my email always intending to share it on my blog. I came across it last night at like 2:30 -- who does that? -- and once again felt touched and thankful that it came into my path again at this particular time. Maybe one of you needs to hear it, too. So I gladly share it with you:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-- Marianne Williamson
Neat-O.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I love that quote. Thanks for reminding me of it. :)