Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Own Lennon/McCartney


This morning Olivia headed off to school fully dressed with a shirt and pants -- and a dress on top. It just seemed like the right fashion choice to her Majesty, and who am I to stand in her way?
I think she has a few people she wants to look especially nice for.

All of my children are performers, and Olivia's new thing is to dance and sing passionately. She has become quite proficient at putting in her own words to other people's music, then breaking into her own tune. What really cracks me up is how often she uses the word "Hallelujah" in her songwriting. It's always said with a little sass, too. "Hall-HEY-luuuuuu-ya," etc.
The other morning on the way back from taking the kids to school I could hear her in the very back singing the chorus to 'All Creatures of Our God and King'... I can only explain this by saying that her Dad is a big fan of 'Mountain of the Lord'... but there was some variation. Her version, full belting voice, went like this:

"HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! Oh, oh... cra-zy... HALLELU.....JAH!"

I did have a snicker or two.

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

coolest outfit ever. i want one in my size. what a cute, cute girl. i want her to come live at my house.

Tara said...

That used to be Kaylise's favorite song because Aiden really loved "Temple Rock" as he called it!