Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Ol' Smeller-oo.

I hate the smell of balloons.
And I'm not joking about that.

The fact that I tied a balloon for my midget K.J. earlier and the stench just won't come off no matter how many times I wash my hands does not make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I have this theory that I have very smell-porous skin or something. Once, I went to some hot pots. And I smelled like rotten eggs for three days, despite the fact I was practically scouring my skin off several showers a day.
I can't explain it.
I'm not proud.
I'm not ashamed.
I just accept that I am a person who sucks smells into my being, apparently.
A Smell Sucker.
Your own personal 'Scentsie.'

Let's still be friends.

Here is an update:
Katelyn is investigating the world of throwing fits. Fits are not allowed in our house, and we're house-breaking our third child now. It's enough to drive you crazy, let me tell ya. Especially if her beloved Dad-DEE tells her "no" about something, it is absolutely world shattering.
Granted, he has that affect on me, too.
Poor Kate. Something tells me she will survive this trying time.
Olivia has been playing quietly off and on in her room the last two days with her My Little Ponies. She crawls to the top of her bed, piles them and a few accessories on the window sill, and goes to town, talking, singing, rearranging. To say that this is cute would be a gross understatement. IT IS ADORABLE.
Mr. K.J. (you may know him as the Kaje-Meister) is collecting neighborhood friends every day and living it up. Now that he is banished forthwith from the island of Wii, he and his little harem travel from house to house searching out adventure and fun. It is good to see.
Because playing outside when you are a kid (and not a kid), is cool.

Oliva just followed her Dad (day off, hurrah) out of the room saying "Look! I'm wearing brown pants, and a pink skirt, and black shoes, and..."
And she really is. With a butterfly shirt of assorted colors.
I let Olivia dress herself, because she has an awesome sense of style. And I am just cool like that. And it's summer.
Okay, even if it's not summer, I usually let her dress herself. Of course, kindergarten is coming right up (gasp! horror! sniff! why?!?!?!), and we might need to reassess just a little bit. Maybe. Maybe not.
I'm not joking -- she has a very funky and groovy fashion sense. I have none. With our forces combined, WE ARE... Captain Planet.

I don't really have any other tid-bits to add today, other then Mariah is coming over today. We see her a couple of times a week and she's doing good. Happy Day.

The End.

3 comments:

Tink said...

Umm. If Livi is anything like Leighna, there will be no curbing that sense of style, Kindergarten or no Kindergarten. Just a heads up. But I figure I should just roll with the punches. :-)It's easier.

Elise said...

"Hot pots"? I don't know if I want to know what those are. It sounds like a gross-smelling geological formation. Am I close?

That, or a Value Menu item at Wendy's.

Tara said...

Kaylise went to kindergarten many days with pants and a skirt and shirt and tennis shoes and a bow or headband and they rarely matched. She survived it just fine!