Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Old Faithful

There is a leak somewhere below my living room.

How do I know this, you may ask?

Because water has been seeping up through the carpet in my living room. That's right. Seeping right up through the floor.

This is the most exciting thing to happen this week.

They cut out part of the carpet yesterday. Now I have a gigantic missing piece of carpet, with an extra piece of carpet over it, and towels surrounding it and the water seeps further and further out -- cool! They were supposed to send the jackhammer over today, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I have visions in my head of all this will entail, but I'm not sure of the reality yet. Can't wait to see!
These are the moments when you say to yourself "Dear Self, sometimes it's not so bad that you haven't found a house to buy yet. See? The broken pipe somewhere below your foundation is not your bill!"

Which is good, because the pin joints (or something that sounds like that) went out on the family vehicle, and that was only nine hundred dollars. We picked our beautiful blue (though some contest it is purple -- I think it is open to interpretation) back up today.

Hahaha! Hahahahahahaha!!!! This is funny, actually. The Double B didn't think it was too funny, but in a way... it was.

Not that I am happy to pay for this major repair, but -- money is money is money is money. Who cares? I will happily say that some things have more to do with my happiness then they should, but not money. I feel blessed to belong to a church that teaches the principle of tithing. That is the biggest reason why I don't worry too much about these things -- I know the Lord is not fooling around when He says He will open the windows of heaven.We'll pay for it somehow, and I think that the somehow will involve a monthly payment and then a grand flourish with that little gem called a tax return at the end. Wah-la!

Cars are demented like that. But I suppose if it were oxen or horses or mules pulling the family wagon, they could go and die on you. Which in perspective, would be much, much worse.

Katelyn woke up a little warm today... luckily it is Daddy's day off, because Daddy is so good to be compassionate and let her climb all over him until she finds her perfect cozy position. She is doing much better since the Tylenol has kicked in. Tylenol is the best, let's face it. Others have their drug of choice, but for us it's the good old Tylenol. I'm a believer.

K.J. got his school information today! We know who his teacher will be (he was really hoping to get the boy teacher, but we've convinced him his girl teacher will still be great!) and we're excited. Poor Olivia has to wait until hers arrives in the mail.

Well, that's pretty much the evening news around these parts. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Oh my gosh. I feel for you, man. Sorry about the upheaval in your living room. That would drive me BONKERS. I can't stand for things to be skiwompous. I'm not sure that's a word, and if it is I'm postive that I just slaughtered the spelling.

And sorry about your pin joint rotary...girter...gaskets... Ah, car repairs. Good times.

School...bleh! I wonder if my kids have been assigned teachers yet? Would you call their school for me? I'm still in Back to School! denial. Like I said, bleh.

Ducksoup said...

thanks for the school reminder rie. i need to mentally prepare and don't have much time left so boy are you helping me get there. i hope at least. not sure i'll ever be ready to send him off to kindergarten. maybe i'll see if i'm ready when he's 10.

and too bad about your car. man, car repairs are no good. and leaking carpets are totally rough but you sure are good about looking on the bright side.