Monday, November 19, 2012

One Of My Girls

This is what sits on the last standing shelf on my bookshelf tonight.
My friend Sherine, who I have known since she was in the eighth grade when I became her Young Women's president and is now a senior in high school, showed up on my doorstep tonight with a gift and a card. The gift was this wonderful picture of the two of us and a bookmark she made similar to one I gave her some time ago that says "scripture power!" to mark my scriptures with. The card was so kind and tender and exactly what I needed to hear... that for Sherine, I made a difference. And sometimes, that's all the knowledge you need in the world. Because Sherine made a difference for me, too. So thank you, my dear friend Sherine, for being you and for following that feeling you had that it was something you just needed to do. Because it is something I needed to hear and something I'll treasure all my life! I love you most dearly.
Here are some memories I've thought of tonight: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

No comments: