Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Day Three

 Snowed in. Again!
This is desperately needed moisture for the Midwest, so it's hard to complain TOO loudly.
It is very beautiful. The snow clings to the trees in the woods behind our house and looks very Christmas card-ish.
It started just as I was picking up the kids from school a little after four yesterday afternoon, and by the time we got home, it was really going! Luckily for us, the Double B had beat us home and was waiting inside for us.
So K.J., Liv and I headed out to experience the BIGGEST snowflakes I have ever seen in my life. Literally. They covered the top of my hand, they were so enormous. Cold, but very beautifu.
I didn't load any pictures of today, but imagine about eight more inches on top of what is in these pictures and you're all set. Daddy four-wheeled his way to work, and the kids and I are safely tucked in. 80,000 homes don't have power in the Midwest right now, but so thankfully, we're not one of them. We are safe and warm and enjoying the time together. Three school days cancelled in a week! All the kids can say is: Woot Woot! 

No comments: