Monday, April 1, 2013

Hi.

 Let's talk a little more about our trip, shall we? In pictures?
First of all, you see that beach house? It's mine (pick your favorite). How I rationalize this radical and grandiose display of wealth is by saying that any and all of you are welcome to come and visit. It's pretty much big enough that we'll just pass like strangers in the night, coming to and fro on the beach.
The blond beauty in the front of the picture is my niece, Addie, and the blond beauty in the back of the picture is my T-Bomb. Trina and I have been attached at the hip since very early childhood and lucky me, she married my oldest brother. That has worked out spectacularly. In fact, we spent almost ten years as young mama's living across the street from each other. That was super cool! But alas, that period has closed and is waiting for another, more awesome, period of our lives to open. In the mean time, I am bored and isolated. But that's okay. I just realize again how lucky I was to have an outlet for all those years as a stay at home mom! I'm not too concerned. This feeling will surely pass. The sunshine will help. 
Speaking of my beach house, I have a theory on wealth, which I will now share with you: I spent most of my life (specifically: until about a year ago) misunderstanding money. Because I wanted it to have no control over me -- my desire for goodness or my happiness -- I told it that I hated it and wanted no part of it. Then, the Double and I attended some classes that really opened our eyes about what being a wise steward of money means. It was eye-opening. Our whole feeling about money has changed. It is the knowledge that we will use it for good and not evil, and we will therefore -- have some. That sounds funny, huh. But it's true. Before I learned this, I would read in the scriptures about money and hope that I would TOTALLY be the good guy if I accumulated wealth, but I was always afraid I wouldn't be and would lose my soul. Since then, I have found lots of tutelage in the scriptures on this very topic, and I have learned deep within myself that I have no need to fear wealth. I know exactly what I would do with it: I would serve God.
So there is my abstract writing of the day. You're welcome. 
 
Bug's Land in California Adventure was a BIG hit around these parts. I was very flattered that my niece Leighna, Olivia's BFF, wanted ME to be her ride partner. We had a gay old time together. Aren't they cute? I love their matching smiles. So adorkable.
 
This is seriously -- one of my favorite pictures of all time. I think it's adorable of my Mom, and absolutely telling of their relationship, thanks to Katee's face. This was on the teacups, which she adored. She laughed hysterically the whole time -- I have never heard her laugh like that! It was so dang cute. 
 
Waiting in line for one of my very favorite rides, Alice in Wonderland. Katelyn really thought this was the best time ever -- you can tell that my Dad is the most patient Grandpa in the world, since he's about to lose an eye and he just goes with it. Grandpa is totally Kate's BFF. 
Yesterday I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Does that ever happen to you? It was pretty sad it happened on Easter, but that is the way it goes sometimes. We lost a significant amount of sleep in our travels -- two whole nights where we didn't sleep at all -- and since coming home to KC, I have not been completing my REM cycles. I'll fall asleep, but it is not restful, I dream and dream and dream unpleasant dreams and toss and turn and toss and turn. So each morning I wake up more tired then when I went to bed. And yesterday morning, I woke up a bear. I was conscious of the fact that I was a dangerous beast, so I tried to hang out on the DL, and not talk too much. My family knows what this means, of course, and the Double B tap dances the children around me to safety. I teach seven year olds in primary, so that requires a certain level of patience and love, and by the time church was done, I was drained. I made dinner, which we ate in silence (my poor, innocent children) and the Double B sent me down for a nap. I normally hate naps because A) sleep is a waste of time, and B) something exciting might happen while I'm asleep, and C) I always wake up feeling worse of then I did when I laid down. But not yesterday. I slept for two hours and woke up feeling so much better physically. Then last night -- while I struggled to fall asleep -- I DID sleep and it felt sooo good. This was very helpful, because as we knelt down for family prayer Katelyn dumped a full glass of red koolaid in the middle of the downstairs carpet. Pinterest is helping us gain success and she lived to tell the tale, which is a pretty spectacular fete, really. Isn't it funny how much sleep affects us? Especially as Mom's, where your whole job and purpose is to nurture the lives around you, eventually it catches up to you and severely impedes your performance. Hoping this is the turning of the tides.
One thing I've noticed here in our new land is my battle between negative and positive thoughts. It is ongoing, and it affects every day. Hoping to come off victor! 
Happy April, everyone. April??? Doesn't that sound amazing?!

No comments: