Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Rest Of The Adventure

For the rest of our visit, we packed in as many fun activities as possible!
We went to see 'Frozen,' which was a big hit, and we've heard the kids sing versions of the songs ever since -- on repeat.
We went to visit Crown Center (the Hallmark center of the world), and our very favorite part of it, Kaleidoscope. It is one of our favorite things to do in KC, so it was fun for my parents to see what all the fuss was about:
We visited Union Station for the first time, which is grand and beautiful and has some amazing views of downtown on the way down the indoor walkways. I love that even trotting along beside her Dad, Kate is her own little human. You keep beating to that drummer, sweetheart!: 
There are some seriously awesome and huge miniature train displays, and they were super fun to check out. The kids especially loved the Lego train set-ups, obviously, because let's face it -- we have a problem! 
 
Yep. 
Love these crazy kids: 
It was really, sincerely, maybe the best Christmas vacation of my whole darn life. It was a wonderful, wonderful gift for us to have Grandma and Grandpa here -- pretty much a dream!
Here are the things I will miss most --  
My Dad sitting next to me. And giving my foot a little rub while doing it.
And having my Mom read a book on my couch. 
Just the little things that mean so much, you know?
Best Christmas ever! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!
Cheers. 

No comments: