Tuesday, February 18, 2014

He Did It!

 Snuggle bugs.
Before I forget something totally awesome, KJ was assigned the talk in primary on Sunday. He was VERY nervous -- he gets stage fright. He just kept putting it off throughout the week until on the way to church when we made him nail down what he wanted to say. He decided he wanted to share two stories about how the Holy Ghost had helped him -- the first was that it was very hard for him and our family to move to Kansas City and that the Holy Ghost gave us lots of comfort. The second was when he got his appendix out, and how he was very afraid, but after we said a prayer the Holy Ghost came and helped him feel peaceful and able to fall asleep. Then he decided to bear his testimony. When he got up there, he was sweating like a bullet. He would open his mouth and then not be able to say anything, so I got up and rubbed his back and gave him little prompts. It was short, sweet, and to the point, but he got through it. Then he said "I'm going to bear my testimony now, and it's the first time I've ever done it, so I'm nervous. I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know The Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." And it WAS the first time he's ever born his testimony -- he hasn't done it even in Family Home Evening when we've given him the opportunity, he just never felt ready to do it. So to do it in front of his peers like that when he was already nervous was a big act of bravery and a big awesome thing for his Dad and I to hear! We were so proud of him!!! After his talk I was conducting, so I just mentioned that sometimes it's hard to get in front of people so I was so thankful to those kids that had helped that day. Then I laughed and said "I've always had a big mouth, so it's not a problem for me!" And then the Double B quipped from the back of the room "Yes, you have!" And booked it right out of there. He got a big laugh -- what a nerd! It's true, though. On the way home KJ graciously accepted our praise and then prompted us for a little more. :) So proud of him. It was a great thing for our family! 

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

go k.j.! so awesome. wish i could have been there. and go rie...conducting is way scary too me. love you girl.