Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Eve

Another happy Christmas for the record books! It was quiet, but magical. I love seeing holidays through the eyes of my kids. It makes everything so much richer. Daddy worked the overnights the week before Christmas, so we had fun on Christmas Eve staying quiet and documenting the festivities:
Best breakfast photo bomb ever!
Is it just me, or does this movie get funnier and funnier every year? I think I was cracking up even more then the kids!
This year we tracked Santa through NORAD. And it was totally awesome! We had a really fun time checking where he was at throughout the day. The only trouble is that Katelyn has wanted to track him ever since. She just doesn't really believe he is just at home in the North Pole. And she REALLY didn't think he needed sleep and to rest up after such a busy night! Made absolutely no sense to her. I asked KJ and Liv to watch out for Benson while I showered, and this is what I came back to. Hilarious. I guess Santa tracking wasn't quite as riveting for him.
The kids chose Olive Garden as our Christmas Eve restaurant. We had a nice time! KJ has to order off the adult menu now, and if you don't think that is the GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO HIM. My wallet is sad, but he is happy! He is such a brave missionary, too, wearing my Team Book of Mormon hoodie all around town.Go, KJ.
I like this picture. Poor Double B. He just can't fake it. When I saw it, I laughed and laughed! The grandchildren will wonder if Grandpa was just really unhappy being a part of our family? No, kiddies, Grandpa just can't fake a smile. He is a little grumpy, yes. Grouchy? Occasionally. Should we keep him around? Yes. Just don't ask him to smile in your pictures.
KJ's pizza. It was huge! He was so thrilled. He named it Athena's pizza because of the olive's, and then we had a history lesson about the ancient city of Athen's and it's olive trees. This kid is all Greek mythology, all the time.
Pretty Olivia and her spaghetti with meat sauce. She loves the bread sticks, and asks for croutons out of the salad. She particularly enjoyed her strawberry lemonade.
Katelyn's poor picture got erased on this here record, but she was so cute. She drank her weight in chocolate milk and then wondered why her tummy didn't feel so good. Classic Kate!
Benson had a nice nap but was happy to join us when he woke up.
New Christmas jammies from Grandma and Grandpa. My kids. I like them.
Benson seriously studying his new toy. It takes a lot of concentration! And Santa's milk and cookies in the background, with a beautiful little card Olivia made for him.
We had many wonderful presents and lots of fun Christmas day. We drove to Costco in the morning so Daddy could check the warehouse (he drew the short end of the stick again), and then came home for breakfast. Daddy got sick, the rest of us spent the evening with the Tates, and then when we came home Daddy started throwing up, and Katelyn joined him. Just for fun. Bless their hearts! KJ ran out of the room as fast as he could while Livi held the bowl and held back hair. Only one of them has the possibility of a career in medicine!
Thankful for many blessings. And I really do want world peace.

No comments: