Tuesday, April 7, 2015

General Women's Session

The long anticipated day had arrived: Olivia was EIGHT, and it was the last weekend in March -- that meant the General Women's Session of General Conference and the beginning of a new tradition! 
I don't know which one of us was more excited. We've been taking about it for a long time, especially as it moved closer. She chose Chinese for the dinner portion of our date, which came as no surprise -- Chinese food has a fan in Olivia. 
It's always fun to read your fortune cookie, and they're always opened with some drama and presentation in this family. I liked these two, because I liked their hopeful tone. We decided we needed to remember them! 
Me and my Livi girl. 
We stopped at Target and she finagled her way into this unicorn. It was love at first sight! She named it Rainbow. She just HAD to text this picture to grandpa, with the message "dear grandpa, mommy let me get this unacorn." I loved his answer back: "it's a cute little thing!"
Ha ha ha. 
She worked hard to be still during the meeting and it was a great chance to be together for something special. It was an absolute pleasure. I loved it. I can't wait for Kate the Great to be eight so she can join us! Hurrah for General Women's Session!!! 

And I can't lie, I really do love that we are now the first official session of General Conference. We are so cool. 

1 comment:

Kyle, Alicia, and Jaxson said...

Fun!!! I can't believe Olivia is already 8! Time flies! Also, I have to say, I just love how positive and enthusiastic you are about being a mother! I need to be more like you in that way! Thanks for your amazing example!