Wednesday, November 18, 2015

KJ Receives The Priesthood

Somehow, my little boy turned twelve. It really does mystify me, but nevertheless, he's twelve. 
On Sunday, his father, grandfathers, uncle and bishop stood in a circle with their hands on his head and ordained him to the office of a deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.
We were blessed to have his grandparents and Uncle Nick and Aunt Sil come down to celebrate with us. Living close enough to have family share these moments totally rocks. The only thing we were missing was the Tates! 
KJ is extremely blessed to have such amazing examples in his life, and to have such wonderful people who love him and will continue to help him as he grows. 
KJ's priesthood line -- I know I will treasure this picture forever. KJ is 12, his Dad is 35, his Grandpa is 91. I'm so grateful for these fine men that stood in the circle to bless my son. 
I guess I'll never really get over that tiny little boy with his chicken hair, so happy and considerate and sweet. Even when he is a grown man with a family of his own, that little boy will live in my heart. I am blessed to be KJ's mother. He is a truly unique and good individual, born to do great things with his tender heart. I am thankful that he has a desire to serve, that he holds this priesthood office to do good with it, and to honor God. 

No comments: