Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Invalid

I am thankful for better health, and today reminded me why! I spent the day fighting a big ugly nauseous headache, and that is now the exception and not the rule -- hallelujah! I am so thankful for that. But I was totally out for the count for the day. 
I managed to get the kids to school and then, thankfully, Benson goes down for a nap, so I had a couple of hours to lay in bed with a heating pad on my head and wait for death. Happily, it did not find me today! And when Benny woke up, I was able to function a little better. 
Benson is not a movie guy, so far he has had very little interest, which is great. But I've been wondering lately, with his passionate love affair with toy cars and trains, how he might feel about the Disney/Pixar movie 'Cars.'
I think we can call it a success! 
He was very interested and would pay attention for cute little stints of time, then jump down to play with his own cars again. 
I love everything about this picture, even his dirty little feet. What a precious boy he is! 
I  had to crack up, because when he noticed I was sneaking pictures, this was the face I got! Definitely a first in the picture attitude department. 
He likes to stay close to my side and give lots of quality snuggles. What a lucky mom I am. 
He is really getting a big grasp of language right now. Understanding a ton (he even threw a wrapper in the garbage at grandma's over Mothers Day weekend when I asked him to!) And picking up a lot. He now says "say cheese!" If anyone has their camera out. Also "hi," "up," "thank you," "I love you," "gross," ouch!," "uh oh," and picking up more every day. He loves car noises and train noises. He "rowrs" and signs "more," "milk," and "airplane." He's adorable. And a trouble maker! 
Today Olivia was tested for the "Gifted and Talented" education program at school. Her teacher referred her and asked our permission for her to be tested. Olivia felt like she did totally awesome.
Today Katelyn scratched Olivia's arm so hard it drew blood, all because she didn't want to have her hair done first. My kids bicker constantly now. Drives me crazy! 
Today Katelyn has been cute as a bug and squeezed and snuggled and told stories about when she was a baby all afternoon. Just another day in the office. 
KJ has his big orchestra concert tomorrow night! He is so excited and I am so excited for him. He auditioned for both advanced orchestra and chamber orchestra for next year, and made it into both! He has definitely found one of his passions. He also had been making it a priority recently to give me every detail of his very creative dreams every morning. 
The Double B came home from work to a sick wife and graciously handled the household. Dinner and everything. He is a good man. I like him a lot. 

No comments: