Thursday, September 15, 2016

Don Juan

KJ got asked on a date! 
It's true. 
Last week. His Dad had worked an early shift so was home when Kaje got home from school. We were both sitting on the couch and he swung in like king of the castle. "I got asked on a date!!!" He was so excited. 
The Double B and I were naturally very interested in this event! Here is how he said it all went down. 

Girl - I think you're kind of cute. 

KJ - Well, thanks! 

Girl - Do you want to go out sometime? 

KJ - I can't. I can't date until I'm 16. But thanks!

Girl - Oh. Well, do you want to be best friends? 

KJ - Sure! 

And... scene. 
He was so flattered. Heck, I was so flattered! It was fun to see him feeling so good about himself. We told him we were so proud that he is such a kind and friendly person, and proud that he remembered his principles. His closing remark on the conversation: "Make sure you write about this in your blog!"
It is definitely a momentous occasion. 

No comments: