Monday, October 17, 2016

It Really Is Hard

Benson had fabulous bed head this morning.
I enjoyed it.
Being a Mom is hard. In fact, I think it's the hardest thing I ever have done or ever will do. There is no taking time off from being a Mom. It is a constant demand for patience and selflessness, and I will just be honest here -- sometimes I don't have patience and often I am very selfish. So this is just a stretch of monumental effort, all the time, for the rest of my life. Would I ever change it? No. Never. But is it okay to admit that it is hard? My Mom seems to do it so gracefully. Will I ever get there? Will I scar my children? Will they be okay? Will I ever be good at this? Will I ever learn to be truly present? I don't know. I pray for the enabling power of the atonement and have faith that the Savior can fill my holes as long as I am truly giving my best effort. 
And I guess if a little Diet Coke helps, I'm going to give myself a break about that, too. Gotta pick my battles here. 

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

Rie! You're like the best mom in the world! I would love to be as wise, patient, loving, and in tune as you are!