Thursday, December 1, 2016

Christmas Tradition And Grandma's Eyeball

We had our second annual "Holiday Kick Off" Family Home Evening, and it went splendidly. The kids were so excited to come home from school and see their tins on the table. They gathered so sweetly around the painting of the nativity and we all talked together about the birth of our Savior, Mary and Joseph, the Star, the Shepherds, the Wise Men and why we give gifts. 
We read "I Believe In Santa Claus," which is a total classic. And always brings a tear to my eyeball, cause I'm a tear in my eyeball kind of Christmas gal. It is a sweet little picture book telling of how Santa is a symbol. And how all symbols of Christmas point us to the Savior. Love it. 
The kids all loved their Christmas threads (especially Olivia, who had been eyeing that dress for quite some time). It's such a fun little Tradition and I'm glad we started it. Traditions are one of my favorite things. 
Speaking of eyeballs, poor Grandma had to have surgery on hers. The good news for us was that we got to have Grandma and Aunt Megan stay the night with us! The bad news for Grandma is she had to have surgery on her eyeball. That woman is a trooper, let me tell you. I couldn't love and admire her more. Benson didn't mind her pirate patch at all. He was just glad to snuggle up with her under her blanket and watch while Aunt Megan kindly helped us put up our Christmas tree (which looks beautiful, and I am telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth).
We loved having them come and stay. KJ was even informing me on the way to school what kinds of Christmas lights Aunt Megan likes and what kind she doesn't, since he and Liv got to go to the store to buy more with Megan and Daddy, which was pretty thrilling. 
The holiday season is underway. 

No comments: