Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Summer Days

I found this selfie on my phone. Classic.
The movie 'Captain Underpants' came out and Olivia let me know (every day) that it was VERY important to her that we go see it in the theater. So while KJ was at scout camp, we had a girls day at the movies. I had a marvelous time with my little ladies! I have also never tried so desperately to take a nap during a movie. The girls loved it! Which was, of course, the point. They're so awesome.
I finally found a picture that proves Olivia and I are genetically connected.
The Double B and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary! Can't believe we're so mature, but I'm sure fond of this looney tune. We took the kids (minus scout camp Kaje) out to lunch for this momentous occasion at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate and they thought that was the greatest thing of all time. So darn fun.
We just chilled for the rest of the day like the content old folks we are. BB was snoozing on my arm so cute I tried to sneak a picture, but then his eyes popped open! I was caught in the act.
Which I found very amusing. He just shook his head and closed his eyes again. We're a good team, the Double B and I.
KJ got home from his week at scout camp and oh, boy, did everybody come running! It was a stake encampment and he had a GREAT time. I was so happy about that!
Then I got to enjoy him coming and laying on my bed to tell me all about it.  He is such a good boy. I'm so thankful he still wants to be close to his Mom!
Kate and Ben wanted to come to Costco with me and then had to try out EVERY piece of furniture. They especially loved this big bean bag. Katelyn said "look, Mom, we're the cozy club!" Cozy Club. Alliteration. I like it.
Tomorrow I drive my kids up to Utah to stay with my parents for a few days because my sweetheart and I are leaving on a CRUISE on Thursday morning!!! We've been planning this little getaway since our 10th and can't believe it's finally here! So excited. Just a short little maiden voyage to see how we like the cruising life. Together, just us... And a bunch of other people we don't know and aren't responsible for! HURRAY! 
Thankful for these fifteen years with this good and decent man.

No comments: