Tuesday, August 15, 2017

1st Day Of School

8th grade 
Can NOT believe my baby boy is in his last year of middle school! 
5th grade 
Pretty much horrified that my baby girl is in her last year of elementary school!
2nd grade 
 Why you grow up on me, Katelyn? Whyyyy???
Hope you noticed all their Harry Potter shirts. Priorities, people.
Last year with no social obligations for this guy. He needed a picture, too.
It was hard on little Ben to leave his sisters at school. As I pushed his stroller away "But where YaYa? Where Katelyn?" When I told him they had to stay for school he kept looking back and miserably asking "But why? But why?" That's what I want to know, too, buddy.
Thank heavens my children have their Dad or I'd probably still have them all swaddled. I don't want to hold them back, but their childhood is so precious and is flying by, and that breaks my heart a little. The Double B reminds me that this is what we WANT them to do.
I guess.
We sure adore them all.
Benny and Mommy, on our own again (plus Greyson). Next year, school for both of us! Preschool for Benny, finishing up that last year of college for Mom. We'll savor the full-time we have together until then!
And finally, the many faces of Kate. She just makes me laugh.
Hopeful for a happy, successful, peaceful school year!

No comments: