Thursday, August 24, 2017

Worn Down/Looking Up

Benson scrubbing his elbows so he can be like brother!
The week before school was incredibly insane. Babysitting for a friend, rash and doctor and antibiotic fiasco with Benson, back to school meetings, Relief Society stuff, babysitting 4 boys for 3 days, and 2 families coming to stay with us a few days apart. It was so fun, but I was drained! Then back to school week and the Double B's birthday and a quick trip to Utah last week, and this week it all caught up to me. Big time run down, yucky headache most of the week, and feeling a little slump. A trip to the dentist for a mystery pain and an antibiotic. And like the lunatic I am, I thought potty training was a good idea to top it off. Today was day 4 and no further along, half successes and half accidents, and I am just ready to throw in the towel and crawl into a hole. Benson is in a diaper right now so we can both live another day, and at this point, I will happily change his stinkies forever! Sigh. I think I bit off more then I can chew all the way around. My body has just had it and I think is taking this opportunity to force a slow down. And I have to slow down or I'm worried I'll get really sick.
The Double B served me by giving me a priesthood blessing yesterday and I should be on the mend soon! I actually felt pretty good today until late afternoon when the headache and yuck came back. Anyhow, this has nothing to do with anything, just catching you up on the inner workings of my immune system, I guess. #teammarie #glugh #abolishheadaches 
Moving on.
The love of my life turned 37! How I love this boy. I could not ever have found a better match for me or someone I enjoy being with more. He was in the middle of inventory so we had about four and a half hours to celebrate his big day. Which isn't much, but it was relaxing and fun. He works so hard with no complaint to provide for us, looks cute, and really does make me laugh every day. Lucky, lucky Marie.
I am truly finding my place and finding a community here in Las Vegas. I could not be more grateful for that. I feel like I am really finding FRIENDS. Which shows how mighty the Lord is, that He will raise up friends, even for me -- the Doubting Thomas of friends. I love my Relief Society sisters and am so thankful that I've been able to get to know them. It's pretty hopeful.
Olivia has been reading Katelyn Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone every night and they just finished it. They came in like they'd won the lottery! So proud of them.
Everybody is having a great start to the school year. Hurray!
Feet are up and hoping for a miraculous recovery! Hope life is treating you kindly. Love you, one and all.

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

Love you Rie! Hope you get feeling better! Glad school is good for your kids! Sure glad you like Ben too. Tell him happy late bday!