Friday, December 8, 2017

Free Write

Today I asked the Double B when we were going to come up with our millionaire idea so he could quit and I could stare at him every day.
He said we already had the idea, and that was for me to write.
He wants me to write, write, write. He thinks that I am a good writer. He likes to listen to me read old entries from my blog, which is kind of fun, because he never really had much interest and was pretty much just glad I was making a history so that he didn't have to. But now he likes to listen to the old stories. I think that's nice. He says it's not just the stories, it's the way I tell them that entertains him.
(Small pause: I just had to tell Katelyn to pick up the dried glue she'd peeled off her hand from off of my new couch. That's weird. I am not crazy about it. Really.)
So he thinks I should write because he finds me unusual yet entertaining and thinks people would like to read it. I told him that I don't know what to write. Growing up, I thought I'd be a novelist, but I'm not -- I don't have those kinds of stories. But I observe a lot, and I ponder a lot. He thinks I should write my memoirs. I am not even sure how I would do that or who would read them. But he STILL thinks I should write. Either way, I need to write more, because I do like this particular form of free therapy. So tonight, I write my stream of consciousness, just to please us both -- even though he is asleep and won't know. I'll know. And you'll know, if you're reading this. Prepare yourselves, I'm about to become a millionaire. And you all get a cut!
I think my great-great grandchildren might end up knowing more about me then any one person should. Granny B loves you, you fuzzy chickens. But still, I write, even if they'll know all the grey details between the black and white. At least I haven't taken up a life of crime (yet). Hopefully they'll realize that if that crazy old lady could do it, well then they can, too.
(Side note: Benson just said very clearly "Is this one mine? Can I have it? Thank you, Mom!" Proof that he's learning to speak the English. Now "I found it, Mommy! I can not believe it!!!" He really reminds me a lot of how Katelyn was with his speaking: sometimes you think he's got it and sometimes he's speaking Klingon. And look at Katelyn now. She's practically ready to ascend to the presidency.)

In Closing, Free Marie Thoughts, or; Marie Thoughts For Absolutely No Charge:

1.) The Bott's just dropped off a Christmas treat. Our second of the year! Proof that we have a place here. Hurray!
2.) I actually googled if I should use "grey" or "gray". Google said both are correct, and then gave me an interesting history. But after a couple of paragraphs I stopped caring, so I didn't finish.
3.) We have to speak in church on Sunday. I have yet to come up with a hilarious joke to start with. I'll let you know.
4.) This is what I posted on Facebook last night: "A few weeks ago we bought a new couch. So far my children have doused it in a bucket of water, smooshed gum into it, spilled a chocolate shake on it, drawn a rainbow of colors all over the center section in crayon, and tonight it was barfed on. Honestly, I didn't even blink. At this point I feel like the couch has become a symbol for parents everywhere. So I got the child a bowl and patted the couch gently as I scrubbed it clean. Solidarity, couch. Solidarity." We sure do love our comfy couch, though, even if it is abused. I yelled the first couple of incidents, but after that, it seemed pointless.
5.) The Spirit let me know that I need to just plan on things working out, trust the process as a great one, and especially to start looking forward to life again. I didn't realize that I'd STOPPED looking forward to things, but sure enough, as soon as that was pointed out to me, I realized my mistake. It was kind of like, well, if I sit and worry about all of the bad stuff that could happen, nothing can catch me by surprise! Meanwhile; life was over here being awesome, and I'm missing a lot of the joy of it. I have forgotten to look forward to all the wonderful things in front of me and even way in front of me! I'm going to work on that. I'm thankful for the Holy Ghost, because he is a very patient teacher with our little friend Marie! I am a little slow on the uptake, but I'm telling you, I caaaaan be taught!
6.) That's pretty much it.
I wrote. Pat on the back. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

that was awesome! i agree with ben. you could definitely make millions with your amazing skills. and i wish i could just live inside your brain so i could always know your cool thoughts.