Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Break Time

President Monson passed away last night. I didn't know until this morning, because on Christmas Day I decided to give up Facebook and the news for awhile, basically because humanity stresses me out. It's been nice, actually! So the Double B sent a text during the night while he was at work, and I read it during one of my million wake up and  give myself a pep talks that I have almost every night. I felt so sad, because he is so wonderful, and all my life I have known he was there to lead us. But I am happy for him, too. Happy that he is with his wife, with his loved ones, his service is complete. I saw a quote tonight that said that death is just a candle going out with the rising of the dawn. I thought that was a lovely thought. I love President Monson and appreciate his leadership and his gentle ways.
We are totally enjoying our last week of winter break. The kids don't go back until Monday, so basically we're living a life of leisure! I love to accomplish what needs to be done, but I am happier not having all my spaces filled up. I really don't need to be constantly busy... I like having low stress. I feel like that's when I am my best self. That's been this break. Loving it and loving this time with my little chickens.
Today is my sister-in-law Silvia's birthday. So love that girl! So thankful she is a part of my life. 
The Double B read to Olivia for about three hours today! She is reading 'Eragon', and he adores that book so he's just so pleased he can barely stand it. They laid on my bed and he loved reading and she loved listening while coloring and pinning pins on Pinterest, her newest passion. Cuteness. 
Kate the Great is turning into such a love bug. She is such pleasure to me, and is reaching out with so much kindness to everyone around her. She was chatting it up at dinner tonight! She just makes my heart smile.
The Double B and I have set two couple goals for this year -- one easy and fun and one that will be a real stretch and require some divine assistance. I have set one goal with four parts for myself for the year, and I'm excited and feeling hopeful that I'll be a friend to myself and accomplish them! Totally doable, too. I'd tell you what they are, but I read a study once that said not to share it, just do it, so that's my plan here.
 Happy week, my darling friends. Tomorrow: the park!

1 comment:

1 said...

Great article from great guy ^_^
Cover Up Tattoo