Thursday, January 18, 2018

Catch-Up Ball

"It is mentally rigorous to strive to look unto Him in every thought. But, when we do, our doubts and fear flee." -- Russell M. Nelson.

I had the thrill of attending the sealing of one of my "girls," Kenna, to her sweetheart. It was definitely a highlight for me! My heart was so full and I cried tears of gratitude as I listened to the amazing promises given to us in the temple sealing and witnessed the creation of a new eternal family. The gospel is so beautiful and so profound, and the sweet spirit in the temple really helps me feel that gratitude and joy. I love Kenna. She is so special to me! What a great day. I also got to see her sister Ashley, who is just having a blast at college. So fun for me. That group of young women was (and is) just unique and special.
Ashley and Kenna

We were thrilled to watch the announcement of our new prophet, Russell M. Nelson. The girls got to watch with us, since it was before school for them. So cool to be snuggled up with this bug to see that and share it with my angel girls.
I loved this message shared the next day:
I love the church. I know it has many critics, but I don't feel that way. I love it and feel happiest in my life when I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to the very best of my abilities and keep my heart close to the church and it's teachings. I honor all beliefs and opinions, but for me -- this is my spiritual home. Where my heart belongs.

KJ got to participate in a Future City competition with his STEM class, and he had a great time. We had a great time going to watch the presentation and supporting him! 
Benson was very proud of his Bubu and felt like KJ should just carry him all over! Kaje was happy to comply. He also won two major awards and was so excited about that! What a great guy.
These three have always been at about this height difference but growth spurts are happening and who knows where this will end up! Glad they thought to take this picture while it's still pretty consistent. What an awesome thing to watch our kids grow up.
Snuggle buggies.
On Saturday KJ took me along to enjoy his Christmas present -- tickets to see The Piano Guys in concert! It was the coolest afternoon. He was so so so excited and it met his every expectation. We had an awesome time visiting and laughing together.
The concert was at the beautiful Smith Center and it is really an amazing theater. As a couple of art geeks, we were really in our element!
They are wildly talented and wildly funny, with lots of musician jokes. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen Kaje laugh so hard, which just tickled me. It was a red letter day, for sure. He came away very inspired and determined to be the best musician he can be.
Katelyn had her Great to be 8 meeting last night! Can't believe it! Her baptism is scheduled for August 4th. She is pretty excited. She looked like a little angel sitting up there, and her daddy stayed up way past his bedtime to be able to go and support her. That meant a lot to both of us. So love this girl.
2018 will a crazy growth year for our family -- Benson is now a sunbeam and will go to preschool. Kate the Great will get baptized. Liv will start middle school. And KJ will start high school!
Buckle your safety belts, here we go!

No comments: