Friday, March 2, 2018

Marie Impersonates Laman And Lemuel

I'm frustrated this week. Everything seems off. You know why? Because I'm lacking in my attitude of gratitude. I KNOW. I could/should be more grateful and then everything would be much more manageable. I know. Moving on.

I suffer from the same basic maladies as every other human. I know. Sometimes I just don't handle it as well as everybody else. I think that has to be okay for now.

I think I might have just come on here to be ornery. That's an actual possibility.
And isn't that the craziest way to spell a word ever? Ornery? I've never understood that one.

I made KJ go to school today, even though he announced he wasn't going because his stomach was upset. Full disclosure: I don't like decisions like these to be 'announced' to me by my children. Asking will get you a lot farther. Helpful tip. So I let him miss his early bird orchestra class, but by the time that hour was over he was well enough to be bossing his little brother and playing chess with Olivia, and was otherwise acting just fine, so I decided he was just fine to go to school. He was not pleased with my decision (though I assure you, it was a sound one). He trudged through getting dressed and basically refused to do his hair, even though he looked crazy. His Dad isn't gonna love the crazy hair when he gets home, but oh well. I also made him go because he has to finish building a bridge. He sprang a bridge building competition he has to go to tomorrow (downtown! Ugh!) on me last night, even though tomorrow is crazy and HOW. Also, WHY. And his bridge is not done. I wasn't pleased at this very last minute announcement so then climbed in bed thinking I'm the worst because my parents would have totally supported me in my bridge building competition. But in my defense, I don't think they would have been happy if I'd sprung it on them, either. Maybe. Who knows (they do).
I'm a good Mom. Sometimes I'm a great Mom. And sometimes, I'm just an okay Mom. This week I have not been ten out of ten. But dangit, I try.

While I'm on a complaining roll, I  might as well mention that I am having an eczema flare-up for the record books. Not too comfortable, the skin on my body. Having sensitive skin is for the birds.

Ha ha. Ha ha ha. I'm pathetic. It's kind of cracking me up, though, and I need a good cheer up!

I love March. I especially love my brother Jon, who turns 39 todaaaaay! I love my big brother. He is the actual best.
It's going to be a crazy, crazy busy month, ending with a trip to Kansas City the last week of this month for spring break. Everybody is excited for that. Lots to do in the meantime!

Thanks for listening to me complain. You guys are nice. And quite frankly, I'm proud of myself. I could have complained a lot longer, ha ha.

Babysitting then missionaries this afternoon then young women meetings tonight. Fitting my kids, husband, and house in there somewhere.
Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

No comments: