Thursday, June 7, 2018

Funnies

Fabulous quotes from the Family B so far in 2018.

"I like gravity for a lot of things. But I want to walk on the air and I can't do that!" - Katelyn

Right before family scripture study: "Previously, on The Book of Mormon." - KJ

"Moooom?! Are you hiding??" - Benson looking for Mom in the other room.

"Where we going you? Okay, be safe!" - Benson running to check on Mom when she opened the garage door.

"My kitty child" - Benson, in the sweetest voice, putting a blanket on his stuffed cat.

"What the heck?! This is so interesting!" - Benson, again.

"How could you?!?!" - Benson, to anyone who crosses him.

The Double B fixed the door knob for me and after I thanked him he said, totally straight faced "I dedicated it to you."

"I'm so glad to hear you!!" - Benson very sweetly welcoming me home.

I was telling KJ something his Dad told me and said "So I believe him now! I believe!" KJ: "You probably shouldn't."

Benson on the sun rising after taking KJ to school: "The sun! He's still cute!"

The kids wanted to look at the pictures on the day that Claire was born before they climbed in bed. After her bath they'd put her in a little crib with a sign that said Cutest Baby in the Nursery. Katelyn looked at it in amazement and said "Wow... they gave her an award for being the cutest baby in the Nursery?!?"

"China is so wonderous. They're good at thinking. And they're good at movies, too." - Katee 

Mom - "Are you impressed?"
KJ - "...sort of."
Typical!

The Double B was reading an article and told me the people in it needed to go to stupid jail. Ha.

"You are naughty and get to your room!" - Benson to KJ.

"Not a cool move, Dad!" - Benson 

"How was to sleep?" - Benny checking on how I'd slept that night.

KJ's scout leader Brother Stewart sent us this text after a big hike campout: "KJ did awesome on the hot springs campout. He was part of the faster group hiking out. He even took the time to help other boys, push them along. He's come a long way in the last three years." I thought that was pretty cool.

KJ - "I don't know why but I think you need to call Grandpa right now."
Me - "Okay."
Katelyn - "Yeah, you'd better call him, then. He might be under attack!"

Katelyn reporting on her day "Apparently I have the same birthday as Ms. Canfield's dog." *shrugs*

Olivia telling an interesting story about the last time we went to Disneyland: "I remember the last time we went. Me and Grandpa were in the hot tub with some bikers. Nobody said a word. It was EXTREMELY awkward. ... And I kept putting bubbles on Grandpa's head."

Katelyn explaining preschool: "It's a school for pre's!"

"Momma, I need to go to sleep!" - tired Benson.

"I honestly dream of a world where we don't drive cars, we drive pandas. Cause I'm afraid of being runned over... And pandas can't runned you over!" - Katelyn on the way home from school. 

"I gotta go wash my hands in the bathroom. Bathroom, here I come!" - Benson

"Guys, I turned off the light! (Closes eyes. Opens them.) I got the light on!" - Benson. Classic.

Driving by 'wind turbines' on our trip to Kansas City: "Winter vines are really silly, Momma!" - Benson with a slight hearing problem.

"That cost-ed a lot of bucks!" - Katelyn appreciating adult financial responsibilities.

"Thanks, Dad! You're our hero!" - Benson 

Benson saw this beautiful painting in a magazine. 'She Will Find What Is Lost' by Brian Kershisnik. He pointed at the angels and exclaimed "My friends! Yes... this is my friends."
During one of Liv's preteen moments I asked her to cut back a little on the pre-pubescent rage. I thought she'd be upset by that but she LOVED it. She told everyone about it and asked me to include it in the blog "Tell everybody how I learned to say pubesc -- dangit! I forgot how to say it! ... Pubescent rage! Let the record state."

"You naughty, Mr. Fly! I gotta kill you!" - Benson really hates flies.

Katelyn excitedly telling us about her upcoming field trip: "And it must be one of those good field trips because it cost six bucks!"

Mom - "Did everybody like your haircut?"
Benson - "Yep! I'm pretty sure!"

Liv was acting as our scribe for something and cracked a joke: "Sorry. That was unprofessional."

Benson spilled some ice cream: "Oh no! What should I do?!?"

"I think I know who started that dumpster fire. It was Ryan." - Olivia with a truly amazing 'The Office' reference. 

"It's because you're old. You're only a few years away from being a Grandma!" - kind words from the Double B.

"Tall and manly-handed." - Olivia's description of her gigantic crush.

"Those cherries don't ship my boat." - Katelyn

"Bless you, Me!" - Benson blessing himself after a sneeze.

I asked the Double B what is the best marriage advice he could give someone after our almost 16 years. He thought for a minute and then said "Friendship and kindness equals happiness." I thought that was pretty great.

No comments: