Thursday, July 26, 2018

My July Babies

11 days ago this little sugar plum fairy turned 8 years old. EIGHT. EIGHT!!!!! 
How to describe Katelyn? That's tricky because her waters run deep. This year I have been blown away by the observations she makes on life. She is wise beyond her years, deeply sensitive to the energy around her, devoted to those she loves, kind and quiet and finds delight in little moments. Katelyn is becoming. And how I love this little lady.
We got to spend her birthday in Utah with family and had a great time. You'll be glad to know that she did get tape and sticky notes, much to her delight.
She had her baptismal interview the other night and is all set for her big day on the fourth! She is so excited to be baptized. We are so lucky that she is ours.
Today, Benson turned "the number FOUR"!!!! This kid. He had such a ball being the birthday boy. 
Benson is the baby with all the rights and privileges that come with that responsibility. He is beloved and watched out for by his siblings and gets away with a lot, ha ha. What a joy he is to us all.
Benson is full of adventure. He has big feelings. He adores having fun and loves to be tickled and to laugh more then anyone I've ever known. He likes his independence and likes to do things his own way and doesn't mind a scuffle. He's all boy and we are so thankful he is ours.
We had a fun day today and he got lots of trucks and cars much to his delight. They are all in the bed with KJ while Benson snuggles with me, trying to wind down from an exciting day and plugging his ears because he doesn't like his Dad's snoring, ha ha. 
These two are two peas in a pod and I am so thankful for the adoration in Benson's eyes for his Dad! The feeling is very mutual, I know.
I've been thinking all day about the intensity of a parents love. There is no way to say with words what these four humans mean to me. No way to express my gratitude for all they have added to my life. I love them with the best that I have. I know their Dad does, too.
I read a book recently where the author gave a description of what each of her children represented to her, and I've been thinking on what I would say for my own children. 
So, here in the Summer of 2018, subject to change in description but never in devotion:
KJ is my light. Olivia is my heart. Katelyn is my treasure. Benson is my joy.
💛💜💚💙

No comments: