Sunday, August 12, 2018

Girls Camp And The End Of Summer

Girls Camp came and conquered.
It was an interesting week. I don't think I've ever missed my husband and kids so much. I don't know when I've continually felt the Spirit so much. I definitely bonded with the girls and leaders and felt my Heavenly Father's love and concern for me, and I know the girls felt the same thing. It rained every day and we laughed every day. It was great. It was a lot of hard work. And it was great.
Especially the part where I rode the flying squirrel contraption and flew through the air.
That was fun.

I had to have a minor arm surgery to remove a cyst from my right armpit area. Sounds like something I would do, grow a cyst in my pitter. Not everyone can do that! I was awake (kind-of wish I was asleep because it's a really uncomfortable feeling when someone is chopping you up. I was numb but could feel exactly what he was doing). They were hoping it would go away because that's not a pleasant area to have a big deep incision in, because of all the movement you make from that area, but no such luck. And five days later, it still hurts like mad. Very obnoxious. I'm about ready to rip my arm off and fling it into a swamp. How do you amazing women who have had c-sections survive?? Benson is sitting next to me and just said "Momma, you're brave. Your arm won't hurts you anymore." While patting my hand. Dang cutest kid. He's been very encouraging and interested in the whole ordeal.
Very, very sweetly, my Mia Maids brought me flowers to help me recuperate! Isn't that so thoughtful. They were so happy when they brought them that night and said they picked the colorful ones because they reminded them of me. That's just nice.
I'll include the picture of the flowers and not my mangled armpit, for your benefit.
P.S. We got a new table. We are grownups with a grown up table, yo!

This week I had SIX back to school thingies. That seems excessive for any parent of four children. To be fair, three were for my brand new high schooler. Life is exciting.
Here we have my newest third grader at her big night in her new school. She got a new zoning and bravely decided to just go for it! Her teacher seems awesome and she's actually pretty excited.
Boy, do I hate to see the summer come to an end. It's been a particularly magical few months. I sure love these tiny chickens of mine. It's my last year with a little one home with me, so I'm going to savor every minute.
Summer highlights of 2018:
Family B Reunion
Disneyland
4th of July
Aunt Megan's birthday
Ute Stampede
Cousin Week in Utah
Steven Benjamin's homecoming
Girls Camp/Dad Week
Katelyn's baptism 

I love you, Summer.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.