Friday, October 12, 2018

One Of Two Parts

I want to write tonight, but not necessarily as family reporter.
It'd be cool if I suddenly developed amazingly sharp skills as a writer of short stories.
...I'm not saying it'll never happen, I'm just saying that it hasn't happened yet.

I decided to write just a few sentences about each of the women in my family. Just a little bit, though I could write a lot. For not growing up with any sisters, I have been really blessed to have many amazing sisters now, and I love them all. I know it's not exactly the same as having a blood sister, but it's pretty close.

The Double B's Family:

Kate is my mother-in-law and is a woman that has lived like fifty lifetimes in one. She has many fascinating stories, and I love to hear them all. She is wise. She has endured a lot of challenging things while still laughing and finding joy in her life. This could be her true super power.

Jan is the Double B's oldest sister. She and I are sympatico. I have always felt like we just get each other. She makes me laugh with her snarky comments and her view of the world. I will eat anything she makes, ever.

Susan is married to Tony. She is strong and steady. I don't think that I have ever seen her get worked up. (Wait. Once. It was about mortgage lending practices.) She is intelligent and very patient, and she remembers details when she talks to you.

Sabrina is next. She is a worker bee and is very task oriented. In a sitting contest, I would out-sit her every time. She is friendly and private. And athletic -- she just ran the St. George marathon, so that's cool.

Megan is right next to the Double B in age. I have always felt the most at home with Megan. She is a gifted person at including others and making them feel lighthearted and accepted just as they are. She can talk to anybody and is just a lot of fun.

The Double B adores his sisters and apparently feels like adoring at this level means that he should harass them and boss them around at every opportunity. Thankfully, they don't listen to him. He is crazy about them. They are each wonderful human beings.

Well, folks, that's as far as I'm getting tonight. We're going to have to call this a two part series.

No comments: