Monday, December 10, 2018

A Pirates Life For Judy

Here is a collection of simple quotes that I've found the last few days that just seem outrageously profound to me and I'm adding them to my collection:

"Time takes time."
(So simple, but wow, a good reminder for our little Marie.)

"If God places a Goliath in front of you, he must see a David within you."
(I think this must be true.)

"I see your fear, but I also see your courage and it's bigger."
(What a great thought.)

"On The Lord's Time."
(I forget this one all the time, and I really, really need to remember it.)

I really like those. I like things that inspire me and I collect them for rainy days. This seems like a good time in my life to hold to the good and the faithful, and to remember that it doesn't rain every day.

Funny moments from the Family B:

Yesterday Benny was irritating KJ and I said to the Double B "If Benson gained a healthy respect for the giants in his life it would be a good thing." The Double B answered "I have a feeling that Benson isn't going to gain a healthy respect for anything in his life." Ha ha. Of course we don't really believe that, but he sure is a rambunctious little fellow.

Today my honey was off and he called me his 'girlfriend'. 
Benson: "Who's your girlfriend, Daddy?"
BB: "Mommy is."
Benson: "Oh. Well, YaYa is MY girlfriend. I love her so much! She is my girlfriend, and she is my sister. I just love her so much."
Isn't that so sweet? Heart melted. 
Of course, YaYa was so very delighted to hear this when she got home. Those two have always had such a sweet bond.
She wanted to take a picture to document the day she got to be Benson's girlfriend.
I love Katelyn laying face down in the background. That really adds something.

Tonight when Benny came in for scriptures, he was singing one of his favorite songs. This time he added a little twist all his own: "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for...JUDY!"
What a guy.

No comments: