Friday, December 14, 2018

Fri-yay

Tonight while shopping for Christmas a nice lady told me my sweater looked cozy.
It is, in fact, the coziest sweater of them all. I am a great believer in accepting compliments, so thanks, sweater appreciator lady! It is sups coze. My Mom has it's twin, we are sweater twins.
I should have told that sweater lady that, I bet she would have liked that little tidbit.
Next time! Next time someone calls my sweater cozy looking, I'll remember.
I ordered my groceries online from Wal-Mart again today. It makes me so happy. And here's how I foiled the gremlins at Costco: I took myself and my audio book, stuck the speakers in my ear balls, and was COMPLETELY UNFAZED. Obviously this is the way to do your Costco shopping. If you can't hear the people, and you make sure to avoid direct eye contact, are they even really there? Hashtag anti-social. Hashtag sorta-kidding.
I love imagining my great-grandchildren trying to figure out why Granny B says hashtag. It gives me my daily jollies.
Today the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announced a change in when children and youth will advance in their classes, and for KJ, this is a big change, because it means he will most likely become a priest in the aaronic priesthood in January. Pretty much a whole year ahead of when we were expecting! Lots of things happening for KJ lately. It's hard to wrap my head around this little boy growing up so fast, but we are so thankful for each and every step along the way. He gets his patriarchal blessing on Sunday, and we are so excited for him.
The Doubley-Doubly B and I went on our weekly date night tonight and then he went to bed and I took all the kids to the scholastic warehouse and just the girls to the smelly lotion store. I'm so brave. They all had fun and the girls completely adored going and smelling every scent available in order to pick their favorite, "just in case" Mom decided to get them some for Christmas. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Bob's your uncle. I think they enjoyed pretending not to know what Mom was buying.

I need to post the account I wrote of my Dad's stroke. I'm glad that I wrote it when I did, because I don't think I could do it now. But I don't want to proof read it, either, nobody likes remembering traumatic events. I need to just do it. He fell yesterday in a parking lot and that's just so hard to hear. Poor Trina was with him and was so upset. Thankfully two kind, big men were there and came to help. I hope I can learn to be a helper in this life. Honestly. He's okay but it's just a long road to recovery with falls along the way. As my sweetie reminded me tonight, he WILL get there. So relax, daughter that wants everything to be easier for her parents right now! Look for the miracles. They are absolutely there. And remember the great thought you tattooed on your bum that time takes time. It really does! Reeeelax, little grasshopper. He got to go to his work Christmas party and was so happy about that! He was basically homecoming king. I'm thankful for so so many amazing people in his life and in our lives. And remember what Tommy Monson said:
I believe that.
God is our loving Heavenly Father. I believe that with all my heart.

No comments: