Today was an adventure.
1) We went to the ward breakfast/Christmas party.
2) We went to KJ's recital with his viola teacher.
3) We met my parents in Mesquite for lunch. Muy bueno.
4) We got stuck in a traffic jam all for one of Benson's little friends birthday party. Someone give us an award.
5) Went to said birthday party.
6) Drove home in Las Vegas traffic. Took forever.
7) Read several talks on patriarchal blessings with KJ.
8) Watched two episodes of a sitcom, laying in my bed waiting for the apocalypse. It never came.
9) Opened a bunch of beautiful Christmas cards and felt loved.
10) Wrote a blog post.
A full day. Next up? Bedtime.
Saturday, December 15, 2018
Today was an adventure.
Friday, December 14, 2018
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
This is going to be one of those posts that is kind of boring. Like the pioneer journal you occasionally come upon that only tells you the weather.
Today it was a balmy 64 degrees. I saw seven clouds. Ethel and I plowed the fields.
Welp, that's all for today.
BUT I DON'T CARE IF IT'S BORING. I don't have one single interesting thing to say. But in the name of continuity, I POST.
My house is ahead of me. In the form of, I have four children who mess it up faster then I can clean it. I thought it would improve as they got older, but if anything, it's worse. So I'm behind. I'm also behind in Christmas shopping, treat making, gift wrapping, and things keep getting added to my calendar. Saturday and Sunday are starting to look ugly. The older and busier my kids get, the busier that I get by default. Which is great and fabulous. This paragraph is getting away from me; the point of this here little paragraph is, the house is clean when they get home and a wreck by bedtime. Rinse, repeat. Moving on.
I had to go to Costco today. Sigh.
When we were first married, my wonderful mother-in-law would say how much she hated grocery shopping, but I just couldn't relate because I thought it was kind of fun. But now I know that she was right, because grocery shopping is basically my nightmare. I don't think people are very nice while grocery shopping and especially at Costco, I just think those people are naughty. So I put it off until I can't put it off anymore. And I have to go again on Friday (she says sadly).
Benson and I went with KJ to the high school choir concert tonight so he could get a little extra credit (he wants to make a B an A). It was very festive. Liv went to the Christmas festival at the middle school with Hadley. Katelyn thoroughly enjoyed having the computer all to herself. And the Double B went in at midnight and will again tonight. I can hear him snoring through the wall.
And then Ethel and I went and plowed the field.