Friday, April 26, 2024

Movie Quotes

I'm not going to do a writing exercise tonight. I just don't have it in me because I'm aging and I'm tired. But let's all agree that I'm still a nice person, is that okay? Okay, thank you. You're very generous. 
KJ had his juries today, where he plays in front of the music professors at the end of every semester so they can decide if he's progressing as needed. He felt like it went well. He looked very cute in the videos he sent (which I'm just sure was the top priority for those professors). He only has a few finals left! 
The kids didn't have school today. So all day I thought it was Saturday -- very confusing. It rained so prettily (desert kids never get tired of rain). We chilled and did some bedroom excavation. Walmart was visited. Bills were paid. 
There a few situations right now that are very aggrevating to me and make me feel very, very protective of people I love very much. Sometimes I'd just like to mash some play dough or throw paint at the wall or something. But when I get real worried the little Double B that I carry inside of me says "I think we should consider the lilies of the field," even before my actual Double B can remind me to do so!
This reminds me of the movie Two Weeks Notice (it's great, would recommend). Our heroine (the lovely Sandra Bullock) says early in the movie of her mother "for better or worse, she's the voice in my head." And at the end of the movie, our hero (the maybe nice but maybe not [there are conflicting reports] Hugh Grant) says of his love interest "And even though I've said cruel things and driven her away, she's become the voice in my head. And I can't seem to drown her out. And I don't want to drown her out." Which is so nice, isn't it. 
And true, in our case. The Double B really has become the voice in my head. 
And I really do thank God about that one,  because what an amazingly stable voice to carry around in my pocket! 
I love my Double B. The more time that goes on, the more things I see and hear, the more I feel so incredibly grateful for a partner in life that is kind to me. That looks for the good things in me and is charitable towards me. He has even let me kiss him for six seconds straight the last few days because I saw a video from John Gottman that says you've gotta kiss for at least six seconds for that good serotonin to release! Let me tell you, the science looks promising. 
You matter in this world. Don't forget. 

No comments: