Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is It Really Thursday?

Katelyn and I are laying low.
Liv is at school for forty-five more minutes, the laundry is folded and waiting for the next load, and Katelyn is entertaining herself on the rocking chair while examining the penny and chatting a little with Mom.
Katelyn really loves little things she can hold in her hand and examine. Luckily, she has stopped putting them in her mouth, so we enjoy watching her analyze her little science projects when she's right next to us. Her VERY favorite little companion? Squeenkies. The older two wanted them for Christmas sooooo baaaaad, which I really wondered if they would really like them once they had them, but what is gift giving if not giving what someone reallllllly wants? They enjoyed them for the day, Kate has enjoyed them every day since. So really, I guess I got the bang for my buck.
You're welcome, Katelyn.

Tuesday was Mariah's 18th birthday. It really sort of became a birthday weekend, and I think she had a good time -- I hope so! Birthdays are important to me, I think it's awesome to celebrate someone and their importance in your life. She's getting older! And the good news is, I think she's slowly becoming okay with that. Seeing a future. Accepting that she deserves to have good things in that future. Trying to really buckle down and prepare herself. All good things. She got a lot of love from the many people that love her, and that made her feel so good. Phone calls, activities, and even flowers from a very nice boy hoping to get asked to preference. We love Mariah. We are glad she is a part of our family life.

Last night Olivia said "Move your tush, Honey!" to K.J. and Mariah as they got out of the car. Apparently they weren't going fast enough for her. Honestly. Move your tush, honey? Where does she get these things? It's always said in the most cheerful and loving way, too. I would love to get credit for her many moments of wonderfulness, but the credit is all her own. She must be making this up as she goes.

In other news, the Double B and I must somehow find a way to split ourselves and be in two places at once. Actually, for the rest of the month, we each need to be in two different places separately and in two different places together, all at the same time. It's a little confusing. I have decided to look at it this way: we can not actually be in two separate places at once. Only one place at a time. Granted, the Double B does watch a lot of Star Trek on Netflix, so maybe he'll be able to figure something out. But for now, it's just one place at a time. And much as I'd like to split myself so conveniently, I can't. So I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to do the very best I can and it will have to be enough for all parties. Including the State of Utah.
Look at me slowly learning to relax in my old age.

The End.

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

move your tush, honey...that is so funny. she is super cute. i wish you both had to be at my house at the same time. maybe just fit me in and forget about everyone else. love yah rie! you gave me hope that maci someday won't put everything and anything in her mouth.