Sunday, September 24, 2017

Women's Session And Funnies

General Women's Session last night with this little angel! She went back to the classic -- Panda Express -- for dinner afterwards. She just talked and talked, and it was so great to listen to her.
She's got such a giant heart and told me of her strong desires to be the type of big sister that Katelyn and Benson can look up to. She is also HILARIOUS. She is honestly so funny, she just cracks me up. 
She was telling me about her and Hadley's pet bee on the school grounds, "Sherbet Herbert Bees Knees." She was super excited because he landed on her sleeve the other day! Sherbet Herbert Bees Knees also has lots of family reunions in our back yard with the honeysuckle. Olivia has been a big advocate for bees the last couple of years after learning the amazing things they do and how they need our protection. She loves them and is fearless when they come around, and I have to say, they've never hurt her so maybe they sense it (like dogs!). But this is the first I've ever heard of Sherbet Herbert Bees Knees. He sounds like a great bee.
Got set apart to serve in Young Women's today. That is such a feeling of relief, we've waited a few weeks but now I actually feel ready to go! 

Time for Family B quotes... these kids just kill me.

Benson loves to whisper. He'll lean in so you can whisper in his ear, then lean up and whisper nonsense back. This week we had the following whisper conversation:

Mom - I love you.

Bens - Ppsst ppsst ppsst.

Mom - You are so special.

Bens - ppsst ppsst ppsst.

Mom - You are such an awesome guy.

Bens - ppsst ppsst ppsst...birthday cakes!

And... scene.

A few days ago we were looking at old pictures. Liv sees one of herself as a toddler and goes "Looks like I'm not wearing any pants. I don't regret it!"

Benson was looking at back to school pictures on my phone and saw one of Kate and Liv in front of the door. He goes "look, it's Katelyn!" I asked "And who else?" He looks at Liv slyly to make sure she's listening and says "Katelyn... And door!" Little scamp!

The official date from Harry Potter where he dropped off his kids at the train station rolled around. I pointed it out to Liv and she had an instant, impromptu pretend conversation between Harry and Albus: "What if I'm put in Slytherin?" "Well, son, if you are, I'm sure they'll make a stage play about it." Honestly. This kid is a genius.

I was using the restroom and had a very persistent visitor in Benson:

Benson - I want to take a bath.

Mom - Not right now. Sorry, buddy.

Benson - Fine!

(He turns off the light and shuts the bathroom door on me. I can see him waiting outside the door, so I turn the light back on just to see what he'd do. He bursts back in, aggressively turns off the light again, and shuts the door. I felt sufficiently punished!)

And... scene.

We were sitting and waiting for Daddy to put gas in the car one night when suddenly Katelyn burst out "They have ruined the snowman song. They call it once there was a CACTUS!!!" Legitimate, pent up primary singing time disgust there.

One night Benson was sitting on my lap and he started stroking my arms and kissing my hand. It was about the sweetest thing ever.

Benson will call Livi "My YaYa." For instance "I go get my YaYa!" He sure loves her!

The night before her birthday, Katelyn said "I feel like it's Christmas Eve, only it's Katelyn Eve!" Melt my heart.

One day driving down the street a small white rodent ran out in front of me and I hit it. I always hate when things like that happen because I feel so guilty. Olivia tried to make me feel better by saying "Rest in peace, Despero!" Ha ha. It did kind of look like a small white mouse, but hopefully it wasn't the literary one!

I sure love this family of mine!

No comments: