Tuesday, December 12, 2017

End Of The Year Quotes

I told Olivia that I'd gone to Zumba the night before. She asks "Did you get cupcakes afterwards? That sucks. What's the point of exercising if you don't get cupcakes?"
I agree.

Having a conversion with Liv and she misheard something and says "I thought it said Zumba! Like, 'alright ladies, here we go!'" (She does an elaborate back and forth dance, pretending she's leading a class of women.)
Dad - That's quite a concept you've got there, Olivia.
She's such a joy to us.

Awhile ago I found a blog post about the names Olivia had picked for her sons when she was about 3 or 4. The names were "Pegasus, Lightning, Simba, Timone, Pumba, and one more... Za-zoo!" We thought that was so cute so I asked her what she'd name her sons now, just so I can have it on the record. Here are her thoughts for my future grandsons: Cedric, Neville, twin boys Fred and George, Yancy Ben, and Toby. For her six girls she's thinking: August, Sophie, Marie Cheri, Lillian, June, and Ariel.
Then she says "I know what Benson would name his kids: Dump Truck, Thomas, Tool Box, and Dream House. No... Space Buddies." 
That's probably pretty accurate, actually.

My friend Priscilla loves The Office just as much as I do, which is a true delight. We were talking about how you either love it or hate it and she goes "really, you either love it, or you don't get it." I thought that was actually a wise assessment of many things in life.

KJ: "I just can't really get into sports. It's like, one person has the ball. Now another person. He shoots the ball... He misses it. He makes it." (shrugs)

Listening to Benson as he plays with his toys: "Let the mission begin! Come on! Buckle up! BLAST OFF!!!"

Another Benson playing while Mom eavesdrops: "Can I come, Daddy? Of course you can!"
Cute.

KJ texting for his Dad while they ran errands and I was feeling bad it was taking so long: "Don't worry about it, Dad has this in the bag!"

I keep forgetting to write this down, so before I forget, at Benson's 3 year checkup he was 40 inches and 44 pounds. 98th percentile in weight, off the chart with height. He looks about 5, but he's the cutest 3 year old that I know.

KJ was trying to talk to Grandma on the phone but he couldn't hear her.
KJ - Grandma? Grandma?!?
Dad - Is the phone upside down, KJ?
KJ - Oh. 
He could hear her after that, ha ha!

Talking about how much Katee Jill used to love the letter W. She told us she used to play hide and seek by saying "1, 2, 3, W!" So cute. But then she seriously informed us "I don't like W anymore." This girl is a dream!

KJ's assessment of hallmark movies: "My problem with hallmark movies is that there's always a girl that falls in love with a guy, but she has a boyfriend. Then one of the guys is like 'it's him or me' and she has to choose. It's always, like, drama. And also, the girl always moves to a small town. Like population: 20. And this great guy just happens to be there, and it starts all over. And they're ALL like that!" 😂😂😂😂

Benson, sitting on my lap and leaning forward: "Scratch my back, Marie. Scratch my back." Oh, boy -- he's figured out Mom has another name.

Benson woke up one morning and said "Mom! Dad saved my LIFE!" Must have been some dream. After we took the girls to school he said to me "you say (He pitches his voice high) 'I love Ben. I'm a girl.'"  Then smiled big. He's right about that, too.

Olivia got caught in a fib and was pretty sorry about it after. When I told the Double B about it he said "She tried it and didn't like it. Kinda like she tried the cigarette and it was not what she thought it would be." Both wise and charming, that boy.

I asked Liv to pick up a brazier by calling it an over the shoulder boulder holder. That was her first time hearing that expression and she cracked up. A few days later she got squished against something and said "ow, my boulders!" It took me a minute, but oh boy did I laugh about that one.

KJ to his younger sister: "I'm not mocking you, I'm making fun of you in a loving way!" 😂

My brother Nick gave me a hat and Benson was very interested in this. He asked "Uncle Nick give you a hat?" I answered "Yep. That was so nice, huh." He thought about that for a minute and then declared "Jesus LOVE Uncle Nick!" I thought that was so sweet and said "yes, Jesus does love him." Benson: "and WE loooove Uncle Nick!!"
Darn cute.

One day Benson was sad and pretty much tackled Olivia so that she would cuddle him. As she was scratching his back I said "He loves you so much. You're like his second Mom. When you grow up you can tell him he was pretty much your own little baby."
She quickly replied "Not so little. (She pats him and says in a grown up voice) 'You were my Hagrid.'"

I was changing Benson's diaper and told him to just let me know when he's ready to learn to go potty. He said "Okay. Don't worry, Mom." I answered "Oh, I'm not worried. You don't worry either, okay?" He smiled like that was funny and assured me "Oh, I no not worried!" ❤

I was holding Benny and said "You're such a sweet boy." He agreed. "Yeah, I'm sweet like Daddy." Cutie.

Olivia: "I figured out how I'm going to tell Dad I'm pregnant one day -- I'm going to get him a charm bracelet that says 'Grandpa'. Or maybe a fishing rod. A fishing rod that says 'August's Grandpa'." What a plan!

We went to tithing settlement a few weeks ago. Benson was having such a great time "talking" with the Bishop. At the end the Bishop asked all the kids if they were full tithe payers. To be nice he asked "Benson, are you a full tithe payer?" To which Benson loudly and proudly exclaimed "HELICOPTERS!"
Needless to say, it brought down the house.

How I love our little family!
We sure have fun together.

No comments: