Monday, January 8, 2018

Greetings From Las Vegas

We wrote to our nephew Steven tonight for Family Home Evening. I'll include that letter here, since it's pretty much a blog post, anyway.

Hey, Elder B!
Time for our bi-annual FHE letter to our favorite missionary. 
Hope you are well. We love reading your emails and following along with all of your fabulous adventures. You are in our family prayers and we are your faithful cheerleaders.

From Uncle B:
I asked him what he'd like to say to you and he said "I don't know." I think that must be because he just has such a wealth of wisdom to share that he can barely put it into words. Also, he is cross-stitching, and I think it must be hard to multi-task. He was the originator and orchestrater of this here family letter, though, so that has to count for something. Work is busy, his day off is tomorrow, so basically life is good for Uncle B.

KJ:
KJ practiced his limited portugese on you: oi and tutabein (not sure of that spelling, because I am not from Brazil.). He is hoping things are going good for you on the mish. New semester for KJ. He is starting to read The Book of Mormon. He has made it to the book of Mosiah, which is pretty exciting! Plus, in my humble opinion, where the best parts start -- I'm an Alma the Elder through Helaman type of girl. KJ was also recently ordained a teacher and is taking his new duties seriously.

Liv: 
"I have a science project coming up and today was our first day back from winter break. I have a book project on a fairy tale of my choice (which I'm pretty excited about because I love fairy tales) due soon. It's raining a lot. Dad said that was something Grandpa would say if he were writing you a letter! My birthday is on Thursday!"

Kate:
"Hi."
She's so long winded. We hardly know what to do with ourselves.

Benson:
Benson is sitting next to me in his pull-up, holding a green piece of plastic up to his face (and my face sometimes, which makes typing difficult) saying "DRAGON! DRAGON!" He is a busy human. He also became a Sunbeam on Sunday, which I tried to take like a champion. Sad when your crazy people try to grow up on you. He is maybe starting to understand what a toilet is for. We are very hopeful about this. Mostly, though, I think he goes just to get a new hot wheel. But I don't care. I will buy stock in the hot wheels company if that is what it takes.

Your favorite Auntie:
Life treks on. Glad for a new year and I'm trying to eat more vegetables. 
That's basically it. Family, church, rinse, repeat. 
Hopeful for health and safety for all involved.

We love you and hope you are having an amazing adventure down there below the equator.
Praying for you often!
Uncle B speaks! "I hope you are enjoying life in the mission office. It's a little bit different then being a regular missionary, but it's still an important work so that the mission runs smoothly." Spoken like a former office elder. (Feel flattered that he came out of his zone to offer you that personal message. I know I would!)
Lots of love from your biggest fans,
The Vegas B-ettey McFreddy Pants.

No comments: