Sunday, May 20, 2018

In Summmmmer!!!!

I've been trying to read or listen to books lately that can benefit my mind and heart and not just entertain me.
The last few weeks these three have entered my life.

All excellent, but 'Daring Greatly' by Brene Brown... transformative on the inside. Seriously. Everyone, everyone should read this book. Finished it and started listening to it again that day, and just finished yesterday. Probably the most helpful non-scriptural thing I've ever read. And I'm a reader, so I've read a lot of things. Read it! Listen to it! Whatever. Just get it into your head and heart. Just started her 'The Gifts of Imperfection' and I'm enjoying that one, too.
Anyhow. There's your book report. You're welcome!

The end of May is upon us. You know what that means: award ceremonies and graduations and sweet smiles and sweeping up Marie's broken heart as her kids keep growing up! Also, end of school. Hello, summer!!! Best time of the year.
Kate the Great earned a medal for being an "A Honor Roll" student. She was so shy up there getting clapped at, but she did great. She is zoned into a different elementary school next school year and we're all a little nervous about that, but we think it will be great. Way to do second grade, Katee Jill!
Grey and Ben waiting for Liv's fifth grade graduation ceremony to start. After two years of watching Greyson, it'll be a change not to have him next year! He's been a great boy, a wonderful friend for Benson, and a blessing in our lives. Like Wandrew, he'll always be a part of our family history. Love you, buddy!
Liv graduated from 5th grade in style. Earned the medal for "A Honor Roll"! Both girls were part of only a handful in each grade that earned this award. Proud of their hard work! I'll admit, I was fighting the tears with this one. Olivia is completely self motivated and has a beautiful ambition. I'm excited to see what she does with these wonderful traits!
This picture is the first day of elementary school and last day of elementary school. Cried about five times on the last day of school about this. Held it together pretty well until I read her teachers comments. Then didn't hold it together anymore. Time flies when you're having fun!
First day of middle school and last day of middle school. Can't believe the growth of this guy. Clearly physically, because he's becoming a giant! But just all the way around. He's becoming a fine young man. And ended the last semester with a C cumulative grade in math!! Pretty proud of that effort. He kicks bum in history and science and loves music like he loves to breath. Can't wrap my brain around high school. Actually can't.
I'm embracing that I'm the Mom that cries. All moms are different and that's awesome. I've put my heart and soul into being the best Momma I can be for these chickens. And if that means I've become the crying Mom, that's okay. Plus, they're used to it.
The last day of school was a party! And at the end of it, per tradition, we went to Sonic for Summer of Shakes and drove around looking for a dumpster fire, like we saw our first year in Vegas. We didn't find one, but we sure had a fun time looking!
I'm including this Google photo of a dumpster fire, though, just for fun.
It's been such a great school year, and boy, it flew by!
I'm almost at a cross roads in my life.   Benson will go to preschool and then he'll be off to all day kindergarten. My days as a stay-at-home Mommy to little people is almost at an end. There are a lot of mixed emotions about that. I've been doing it for a long time! I told the Double B that it feels like I'm swiftly approaching the end of an era. Not a job change, just kind of a move to a new department.
And that's okay. But will just be a change.
These four little B's are the joy of my life. I love being their Mom!

No comments: