Saturday, June 30, 2018

Disneyland 2018

The blessed event finally arrived. An event we have waited five long years for. OUR FAMILY AND DISNEYLAND WERE REUNITED!!!!
I don't know who was more excited about being together again, Disneyland or Us. Either way, it was great. We used our magic morning the first day and got in some groovy fantasyland rides. Jonnie was so good to us and did all the running for fast passes that day. A real life hero, ladies and gentlemen.
Daddy and Benson came a little later after they slept in, ate a leisurely breakfast, and strolled on over. They left early each day to go watch cartoons and it worked for both of them. They are basically twins.
Teacups are a favorite for my kids and I was just pleased as punch when Katelyn loved Alice in Wonderland, one of my top five D-land rides.
Let me tell you about Miss Katelyn here. She is the woman to take to Disneyland. An absolute GEM of a Disney partner, right here. Did not complain once, could go allll day, just pleased and happy to be there. We were riding partners and I treasured it. She is da bomb. This happy, calm little creature, always with a mild and content look in her face. 
She tried everything (except Splash Mountain, but who can blame her), thought Space Mountain was amazing, Thunder Mountain gave her a racing heart and she LOVES Bear River Rapids. She got to ride it twice in a row and Uncle Jonnie loved it because he said she smiled big and whispered "this is my favorite ride!" Kinda melted his heart.
This is the only character picture I got, when we were in line for Soarin', ha ha. The parks were crazy crowded, it was hot, and so I made the girls stand here to get their "picture with Pluto." They thought it was pretty silly but knew they'd better just go along with it.
I am so thankful we got to have this experience with cousins. They really are best friends and they love every second together. Thankful for new memories made!
Aunt Trina got this radical shot. They're so cool.
We spent Tuesday and Thursday in Disneyland and Wednesday in California Adventure. It worked out great. I actually think it worked out better for us to not hop parks. And we saw the most amazing parade I have ever seen, 'Light Up The Night.' It was truly magical! We also saw the new Pixar Pier, which wasn't much to write home about, but hey, we saw it.
Greatest picture collection of my two Double B's ever. Waaaay too cute.
My nephew Ty and I were "boat buddies" then "bus buddies" then "car buddies." Being bff's with this cutie was one of the very best parts of the whole trip for me. We had a seriously great time together. I love this little human. Being Aunt Rie rocks.
The Double B is a little bit of a prickly traveler. He WANTS to have fun, but it can be a little hard for him to just relax and enjoy in these situations. So by day two in the parks, I knew this was my only hope of getting a picture of the two of us together, ha ha. I had to sneak it, and I'm glad I did. We're not perfect, but we belong to each other!
Day three meant starting out with Indiana Jones! This was an act of courage for Olivia, who was scared last trip but had a ball this time. KJ and Kate both love it and meee, too. It was so cool because we were in the stand by line almost there when who comes up behind us but Jon and his kids from the fast pass line! That was perfect because Liv and Leighn had vowed to ride it together. Right after that I got to ride it again with Trina and my parents, which was even more fun, hearing Trina's very genuine scream. It was a true bestie enjoyment moment  (for me).
The girls and I recreated our picture from bugs land from five years ago. Boy have they grown up! Benson was so proud of his Autopia drivers licence.
KJ was really amazing this trip. He was so mature and helpful, I was truly proud of his patience with his siblings and how far out of his way he went to help Mom and Dad any chance he could. And he held Benson soo much (because Benson forgot that he has feet at the end of his legs). And that's a really hard job with that giant kid. But you can see the love and trust Benson has for his big brother in these pictures that I just treasure. 
KJ also carried my backpack a lot, was cheerful and positive, and basically a teenage hero. How I love that kid!
He and Liv went off with Addie for a teenage adventure for a couple hours and the Double B and I enjoyed some Kate and Benny time with a yummy relaxing lunch, a train ride, and the Pixar parade. It was great.
Benson really enjoyed the parade but he just went nutzo for the 'UP' floats! He recently saw UP for the first time and loved it. That was super cute to watch his excitement.
After a few more hours and finishing up the Double B's longed for beignets in New Orleans Square, Benson announced he wanted to go back to the hotel and watch cartoons. I can't decide which of these faces I like best, but his pronouncement was both sudden and very, very serious. It worked out just fine because his Daddy had also had enough and so we sent them off into the cartoon ether. The older three kiddos were still ready to party and so was their Mom!
Riding Small World with Grandma and Grandpa. I think this picture is a pretty good grandparent/grandkid version of 'American Gothic.' Stoic yet joyful. Three of my very favorite people, right here.
It was fun to see the individual ears each kid chose. They had all saved up some spending money and they loooved searching the shops for their perfect souvenirs.
I really love Disneyland. I really, really do.
Liv had a great time. I learned that Olivia REALLY needs her sleep and that will determine the quality of her day. She had a much better time the second and third day based on the results of this discovery (information that I am planning to pass on to her future husband). She is a charmer and the daringest daredevil of the B kids, because she rode Splash Mountain! But she drew the line at Haunted Mansion. Not for her, thanks.
Things were winding up and we were making plans for what we really wanted to see for the last few hours. Isn't this a great shot of these two ladies?
The crowds really were huge, so we didn't get all of our last ride wishes in, but we got the carousel, shopping, the All-American College Band, the train at night, the fireworks show with cousins, and Fantasmic. And it was so great.
I am so thankful we got to go make these memories. 
I am so thankful for my amazing family.
I am so thankful for my parents that are responsible for any good thing that I am and whose good marriage we celebrated on this trip.
I am thankful for Walt Disney, too. Hats off to you, sir.

Thank you, God, for all good gifts.

No comments: