Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Early Morning Memories

This morning KJ came and laid his head on my shoulder before leaving for seminary. We chatted peacefully away and I had my hand on his face. I told him that it reminded me so much of when he was a little toddler. Every morning when he would wake up he would stand up in his crib and call out in his cute little voice "Good mooorning, Mom! I'm awake! Good morning, Mom! Good mooooorning!" I would go and pick him up in his little footie pajamas and cuddle him, then take him back to my bed to snuggle. He'd wiggle in close, head on my shoulder, throw his little leg across my body, and we'd fall right back to sleep together for a little while longer. What a sweet memory.
I told him that I wish I had a time machine and could go and experience that again. I would come back, of course, but just to hold my little boy close.
And it's such a delight when that little boy that's now a big 14-year-old teenager will lay his head on my shoulder and talk... I know these will be precious memories in the story of my life, too.
But sometimes I'm homesick for that little boy. I miss my babies. What a privilege to experience every phase of their lives with them.

No comments: