Wednesday, October 10, 2018

KJ Centric

Tonight we were talking about Disneyland and how the firework show makes me cry. KJ said if we were in Disneyland tonight it would make him cry, too.

Double B - And I'd be sitting there wondering what is wrong with you two.

KJ - Everything. ...And nothing.

Ha ha! Spot on.

Today KJ auditioned for his first school musical! He was sooo nervous, so I was extremely proud of him for doing it. Then we rushed to the orthodontist for the great news that he finally only has to wear his retainers at night! He has such a gorgeous smile. Then home for dinner, practicing his viola a bit, and off to a BYU presentation.
The older I get and the older my kids get, the more I am truly amazed at the generosity of my parents with all my crazy adventures, supporting even when it was a great inconvenience to do so. Life goals, right there.
The Double B very courageously helped the girls dig their bedroom out of the 9th circle of Hades today. Seriously. Messiest room, over and over, this world has ever seen. I think it's genetic, cause I know I was a chronic bedroom messer myself growing up. We salute you, Double B.
Benson is on the up and up. He tries to pick at his teeth sometimes and he's a little more emotional then normal (which is really saying something because that kid is a nut. A very cute nut, but a nut just the same). We're thankful he's done so well. I took him to run some errands around five and he fell asleep in the car. Then he threw a fit when I somehow didn't put his dinner on the table in the right way. Then cried until I told him he could go lay down if he wanted. He did want to. He let Olivia carry his blanket and tuck him into bed and he went right to sleep for the night. So there you go. It's so hard to be four sometimes.
The Double B said today that he has a hard time getting after Benson because it would be like disciplining himself as a kid. So at least he knows he has a problem, ha ha. That conversation happened after Benson stuck his hands into a full bucket of dripping water and rubbed it all over his face and hair. Double B: "Honestly, I would have done the same thing." And he would have, too.
I just finished young women's, so I write this while sitting in a dark church parking lot, waiting for my big little boy to come out with bigger dreams of attending one of the BYU's. So that's it for now.
Nighty night.

P.S. Happy birthday to my FC. So many of my most fun adventures growing up came thanks to you.

No comments: