Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sabbath Art

I love the Sabbath day.

Today in Sunday School we were discussing Isaiah. I was really trying to focus, but I have never matured into a big Sunday School fangirl. I try. I do. I love the scriptures so much, and it is important to learn about them... so Sunday School it is. 
I like Isaiah. I don't understand as much as I would like to, but what I do understand of his prophesies of the Savior, touches my heart so much.
So tonight I looked up some paintings of what artists thought of Isaiah and found this. Isn't it beautiful?
It is 'Isaiah' by Ted Henninger.
And this one, I love it so much. I couldn't find the artist, but when I do, you'd better believe I'll tell you who painted something so beautiful.
The first portrait of Isaiah directed me to this one, 'Moses the Lawgiver,' also by Ted Henninger. Just look at those eyes.
My relationship with Moses has changed in my mid 30's. I am understanding his experiences in a whole new way and the Spirit has taught me some really important things through his stories. I have heard them all my life but now I am hearing them in a different way.
 Speaking of Moses. This painting is called 'Exodus'. I couldn't find it's artist anywhere, but this painting completely captured me.
Sabbath art could become a thing for Marie. So many amazingly talented people using their gifts to bless others. Awesome.

No comments: