Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Lego KJ

Benson made KJ as a Lego guy. Pretty accurate, really.
Obviously Benny needed to text KJ so that he could see himself in Lego form.
It's pretty cute how much Benny loves to text or Marco Polo his big brother. And it really warms my heart how good KJ is to always reply to Benny. They're a good pair.
Great news, I got the bathrooms cleaned today! It might have happened later in the day, but it happened, by golly. They got a thorough cleaning and now I'm pretty sure they're feeling pretty happy about things. 
I went to the temple this morning with my wonderful friend Jen. It was a really nice session. I love the changes they are making. I love that they keep adjusting it to try to get it closer and closer all the time. I really like that part of believing in continuing revelation -- in the belief that there is an ongoing restoration. I also love to be with Jen. We grabbed lunch afterwards and always talk talk talk. We are a classic case of opposites attract. We are extremely different and experience the world very differently -- and we also love each other very much. It reminds me of a quote I saw recently from a "who won church" post I saw on the Insta. It said "Unity does not require sameness, but it requires harmony." That really resonated with me. I think that's true. 
I loved being in the temple and I loved my time with my friend.
I was very happy to see Liv when I got home and get her updates from school. She worked with charcoal today and it wasn't on her face at all, which was very disappointing! The first time her college art class worked with charcoal a few weeks ago she came in looking like a chimney sweep. It was one of the single cutest things in the whole world. She didn't think it was cute, but it certainly was! I am very sad that I wasn't able to sneak a picture. Today she was coal dust free. She would want that in the record.
Katelyn and Benson both have end of the year testing going on at school and that's tiring for anybody!
KJ got to work at the state park for a few hours and that was very good for his spirit and his pocket book.
My Benny has kept me company this evening while watching his farming videos on YouTube. He has kindly paused it to listen to my thoughts about how the Catholics have groups that are basically schools of thought within the faith, and why can't we do that? I love my Jesuit and Franciscan priest writers! It's not a bad idea. If the church ever calls me, I'll be sure to let them know what I'm thinking. He also watched a little video I found of a very funny drunk guy dancing with a police officer before being arrested. Good fun.
I need to load the dishwasher and I'm basically falling asleep, so there's that. I gotta go.
I love you, though. Never doubt it!


 

No comments: