So today is my 26th birthday. Weird. But great! 'Cause I have a lot of things to be thankful for. In acknowledgment of this momentous occasion, I have compiled a list I fondly call:
26 Things I Celebrate
1. Life. I LOVE to be alive. I always have. In fact, I can only think of about two moments when I didn't just adore this experience. It seems like lately I have learned a whole new appreciation for the gut-wrentching/did I seriously agree to this side of things, but even that -- is good. I see the beautiful spring. I just love to be alive. So I thank God today and every day that He has given me this amazing opportunity! THANK YOU, GOD!!!
2. A Physical Body. I didn't truly understand what a gift my body is until after I gave birth to Olivia. To have health, to have command over physical objects, to have sensations and feelings. So small flaws and all, I love my body!
3. The Gospel. I love it, I love what it can make me, and I especially love knowing I will see these people who mean so much to me again --
4. My Husband. Awesome! I can't believe I got such a stud-muffin! We can make each other crazy, but our lives are bound together, and we re-agree to that arrangment every day. I love him. I appreciate him. I like him, too.
5. K.J. Truly, he brings sunlight into my life every day. I can't believe someone loves me so much!
6. Olivia. Hilarious, spunky, funny, bossy, and everything her family needs. I love being her mom, even when she makes me think about it!
7. My Mom. Hands down, greatest lady I know. She has done everything for me, and I would do anything for her. I love her. I'm so glad she's my mom!
8. My Dad. Perfect in every Dad way. He is truly such an amazing example to me. I love him. I'm so glad he's my dad!
9. My Brothers and their families. I love my brothers. They have ALWAYS been my friends. They are everything brothers should be and more. I LOVE their wives and am so glad to have sisters!! And being an aunt was worth the wait!
10. My In-Laws. I probably have the best parent-in-laws in the history of the earth. I love them. I honor them. I'm so glad they are my husband's parents! And I have great in-law siblings as well. And the cutest nieces and nephews ever!!
11. Grandparents. I am blessed to have known four grandparents, each to a different degree. Although there is the different faith factor on my dad's side, I learned what active faith really is from my Grandma Allred. My Grandma Sperry is one of my best friends in the whole world. I miss her every single day. But I am so thankful to have them all! I want to make them proud of me!
12. Talents. I have fun with the talents I've been blessed with and am still trying to figure them out!
13. Memories. They make me laugh, Hallelujah! And also realize just how good my life has always been.
14. My Calling. A highlight, hands down.
15. Extended Family. I have the best family ever. No, seriously. I really do. I adore my aunts and uncles, truly adore my cousins (i tip my hat to you, cowfer), and cherish the million memories I have of us being a family.
16. My Friends. Old ones, new ones, true ones. I'm glad I know what friendship means now.
17. The Greatest Neighborhood Ever. Whether it's laughing way too much over fortune cookies, lazy daying it on the lawn while the kids play, or truly being there for each other, this is a once in a lifetime situation.
18. Good Food. I think this is obvious.
19. Quiet Time. Ah . . . also necessary and one of my most favorite things.
20. Citizenship. This is truly the promised land. I am so thankful to live here.
21. The 10-Minute Birthday Party orchestrated and carried out in class today. It was seriously fun. The Edward poster that was snuck into my house and pinned to the ceiling over my bed. Truly hilarious. The whole birthday weekend. Thanks.
22. Books. Seriously. Enough said.
23. Journals, Letters, Pictures, History.
24. Miracles. I've seen them. I've been a part of them. They happen. I love a good miracle.
25. Being a Woman. Because the alternative is being a man. I win! THANK YOU, GOD!!!
26. Hope. I need it every single day. I'm glad to see it's face again!
So today I am full of thankfullness (is that a word like that?) and wish you all a happy birthday!