Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Friend.

It just never gets old for me to say how awesome my husband is. In the Million Dollar Lotto for my life, I have someone snatched the winning ticket. Thank heavens for that.
Sitting here in this quiet house when the kids are asleep and I have pinned all the pins on Pintrest that are legally allowed by law (just trying to fill up the time at night, hoping and planning... you know), I can't help but think of my buddy and re-read the texts he sent me today. And then next thing I know I'm reading the love letter he wrote me for Mother's Day! Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Double B is not a writer -- he doesn't feel that it is a strength for him and it doesn't come naturally -- so although he is very vocal about his feelings for me, written pros are something to really cherish. To really, really cherish.
He feels lucky to have me. I know he means it when he writes that. And that makes me feel so amazingly good!
Because I know I am the luckiest girl in the world that he wants me.
This time away from each other has it's blessings, too. For instance, I am reminded of how much he does for our kids, for me, how stinking awesome he is, how he is my very best friend and the coolest person I know, and how much I want to be with him, even if it's a hop, skip, and a jump across this great nation. The Midwest suddenly sounds like the coolest place in the whole world. I will be so happy to join him there, even though it is a brave new frontier. Though I have always felt an appreciation for him deep down in my bones, I think I appreciate him even more now!
So that is good.
Appreciation is good.
Our Bishop told me that both of our Mothers told him separately that the Double B and I are a couple that just has to be together. And that is true.
I can't wait.

No comments: