Sunday, September 10, 2017

RS Meeting

I heard such a wonderful, motivational speaker at a Relief Society Fireside. Here are some of my notes that I felt were worth keeping.

Learn to be happy in the season you're in. This is my season to be a mother.
Be a warrior woman. If you receive a prompting, do it! Start within 24 hours and show you mean it.

My job is not to give my children everything they need or provide for every talent, its to raise a sin-resistant generation.

You will be as successful as you are prayerful. My prayers have to be sincere or my children won't be protected.
Stop and sharpen your ax.
Be a woman like the pioneer Amanda Smith.
Prepare your children to stand alone. Prepare them to make decisions without you.
You can not fall apart.
The Savior is the Savior. My job is to love my children.
Follow your promptings about your children. You can not be stuck inward. You've got to come out fighting!
So be not afraid, the priesthood of God is with us.
We may be outnumbered but we're on the winning team.

No comments: