Wednesday, October 18, 2017

KJ Correspondence

I got this email today from KJ. He is discussing the orchestra Disneyland trip he has to save the money for himself (He wants to use the money he's been saving at the book fair) and luncheon for being student of the month in orchestra (hurray!). I just wanted to document it because it is so HIM. He makes me smile.

"I decided I will not go on the Disneyland trip. They lunch tingey is today the time is on the fridge. I got a cool wand pen at the book fair and the new Magnus Chase book is out already (So this is a must. Christmas or birthday). I might buy this cool Harry Potter key chain wand thing tomorrow with my save money(I won't go on the disney trip).

Sincerely your eldest,

 KJ"

Postscript: Just got back from KJ's luncheon. So proud of that kid I could cry. Mr Truitt told me so many wonderful things about him -- that he is just an outstanding kid and an outstanding student, that kids like KJ are the reason he teaches. And that the sky is the limit for him with the viola, that it is the #1 scholarship instrument and if we get him in lessons he'll be all set. Really just went on and on about the great young man he is. Made me happy and proud.

No comments: